Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

2700 mAh battery

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rotorhead42, Oct 20, 2013.

1. rotorhead42

Has anyone upgraded to a 2700 mAh battery and done well? I`d love to buy a few of those but would first like to know if those are proper and don`t cause any issues to the phantom. Thanks in advance.

2. thetac

I use 27s all the time...dual 27s....no problems whatsoever and you will get a few more minutes of flight time as well

3. MILLER4PRESIDENT2020

my 2500's barely fit in the compartment. How the heck can you get 2700's in there.

And can you post a link to them?

4. martcerv

I have used a couple storm 30c 2700mah batts for some time and these are great batteries. I recently got some zippy 2800s which are heavier then the storm and a very tight fit. I have only tried the zippy on one flight and flight time very similar to storm 2700's I also use turnigy 2200's but will likely just use the storm and zippy batts mostly from now on. I think the storm is a much better battery then the zippy
    As its not much heavier then stock and the zippy is an amazingly tight fit lol.

Dpending on the type of flying but I did a basic test with the 3 batts getting just under 8 min with the 2200 and close to 10 min with the other 2 just under with the 2700 and a few seconds more the 2800 weight around 1200g total with only difference being the batt weights with a bit of wind in atti and gos slow flying.

5. thetac

I agree with martcerv...I use the storm 2700s as well...they seem to have more power or as much as some 2800 and more than the 2700 zippy....they usually cost a few more dollars but worth it!

6. rotorhead42

7. thetac

I bought two of those...and i bought an 8000 just like them for my flame550...those 2700 are good...but won't hold up to the storm2700s...and i think you can get the storms a little cheaper here:

http://www.helipal.com/storm-11-1v-2700 ... -pack.html

Also they have these listed as weighing 217 but mine weigh in at 187 with a deans connector....

8. simonthk

But why would you want 100c? :)

9. simonthk

Higher is better, but a high discharge rate is only important in case you need it. Lets say your battery had to power 3 DJI phantom quadcopters at the same time, then it had to deliver ALOT of power at the same time, 3 times more than normaly to be specific :D

Example:
    1 phantoms=20c
    3 phantoms=60c

then you need a 60c battery for 3 quads, but only a 20c for 1.

Some batteries has a lower disharge rate. But it isn't really bad, it just has to fit your needs. The stock to phantom has 30c discharge rate, and it makes no difference at all if it had 100c. 100c is only for commercial purposes, or when you actually need to empty a battery very fast. 30c is already a high discharge rate, you wont need more for phantom. 100c is crazy high and at the same time money out the window if you pay double and put it in your phantom.

When it comes to fly time, it is all about the ampere (mah).

10. martcerv

Any 3s 11.1v lipo battery will work with a phantom but youd want 20c or higher.

The c rating I think is how fast the battery can safely discharge. As an example 1c @ 2200mah means you could discharge the battery in 1 hour. 2c 30 minutes, 10c 6 minutes and so on. In theory youd need no more then 15c for a phantom which would discharge the battery in 4 1/2 minutes max. Running a battery close to its max discharge rate though will make it get hotter and have a shorter lifespan. Better off with a higher then needed rating if it doesnt cost too much more in size, weight and price.

The zippy flightmax 2800 is probably the biggest battery you can possibly fit iito the standard door. The storm 2700's I have are also lighter then spec around 198g with an xt60 connector and the zippy 226g.

11. martcerv

On average I get about 2 minutes more flight time out of the 2700 or 2800 batteries. I think its well worth it especially if your flying hard and fast or longer ranges but for anyone not too heavy and happy with their current flight times the stock batteries are fine.

12. simonthk

Does anyone know if these storm batteries can be bought in Europe somewhere?

13. porl_hopkins

I use the hobbyking Zippy 2800mAh batteries..... Fit snugly into the battery compartment with a little "mod" on the battery door so I connect the wires outside the compartment now

14. jumanoc

I have 2500 mAh Hyperion GWX and 2700 mAh Thunder Power. They work great and fits perfect in phantom tray. 2700 are same size than stocks, just a bit heavier.

[​IMG]

15. exo128

A lot of folks have been using these: http://www.2dogrc.com/mad-dog-2700-mah- ... -xt60.html

The multi-rotor guy at my LHS convinced his manager to start carrying these, I'm hearing 12-15 minute flight times
    I've got a couple of Turnigy 2200s from HobbyKing on the way but probably won't see those til 2015 :D

Good price, good fit, great performance..and no deans to fiddle with, so I'll be picking up a few as soon as DJI decides to return my Phantom!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fCnJHdNVc4

Attached Files:

16. Roadkilt

The storm 2700 are 8% heavier but have 23% more capacity than my stock phantom 2200, and its almost an extra minute in my flight with a gimbal, now 5 1/2 minutes. I'm thinking of trimming down the long charge wires as they add an extra 20 grams or so weight, which is about half a minute of flying time on my rig. Then they would be less than my phantom batts. They do cost twice as much though, but that means nothing compared to everything else.

17. LeWench

Bought my Phantom last night arriving tomorrow afternoon (YAY!!); after reading through these I think I might have jumped the gun with my battery choice. My original plan was creating a portable station I can take with me

Batteries:
    Hyperion G3 Vx 2200 Mah 3S 11.1V 35C/65C Lithium Polymer Battery (Bought 3 of these)

Charger/Discharger:
    Thunder T6 Multi-LiPo Battery Charger (4X 6-Cell)

I will be using a car battery to provide the power to the charger

I really hope the battery I choose was a good one, if not I will return once it arrives and get what is recommended; thanks in advanced for your inputs!

18. Ruff Ryda