250mW vs 600mW

Reaction score
Will there be a substantial difference in range by upgrading to 600mW from 250mW.....I got 700 meters (didn't try to go farther) today with no problem Fatshark p2 DJI iosd mini
thanks Joel

BigRiver Drone said:
Will there be a substantial difference in range by upgrading to 600mW from 250mW.....I got 700 meters (didn't try to go farther) today with no problem Fatshark p2 DJI iosd mini
thanks Joel

I can't say I've heard anyone do an actual comparison, so I'm not really sure
I've heard that antenna kind/style is just as important.
and some have stated that the difference might not actually be so dramatic.
but all I know is that the price between the two isn't so significant, and since the 600mw is no doubt better in some capacity, I went with the 600mw when it came time to get a new Tx.

agree with Gizmo. People say with the right antennas you'll get 1km or more on 250mW, but take into consideration the amount of interference in the environment. out in the country with no interference 250mW will go a long distance.
Over a city or any environment with high interference, 250mW is going to get overwhelmed no matter what kind of antennas you have

Hi, I've got a Boscam 200mW tx with Boscam cloverleaf antennas on a BP and I reached the limit on the P2 in GPS mode at 5384ft, yes the picture was fuzzy but I still could see.

Cheers Mark

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie