$250~3DPOWER Brushless Gimbal Mount DJI Phantom 2 Vision

Duke131 said:
I received my Taco gimbal today. Yup, as we have been speculating, it's got the power leads unattached. :x I definitely don't plan on adding any battery to the P2V just to power this guy. Not feeling the love right now... The cable attachment on the P2V gimbal should have power, I wonder why they didn't devise an attachment to draw from that...
send it back!

Duke131 said:
I received my Taco gimbal today. Yup, as we have been speculating, it's got the power leads unattached. :x I definitely don't plan on adding any battery to the P2V just to power this guy. Not feeling the love right now... The cable attachment on the P2V gimbal should have power, I wonder why they didn't devise an attachment to draw from that...

can you snap some pictures? cant you just tap power from the cable that powers the stock servo?

:x

Attachments

• DSC06576.JPG
    DSC06576.JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 391
  • DSC06577.JPG
    DSC06577.JPG
    168.9 KB · Views: 394
  • DSC06578.JPG
    DSC06578.JPG
    203.4 KB · Views: 371
lol @ the garlic..

ok, have you taken off your stock camera to see if it can plug into the wire that powers it? you should be able to tap off of that power cable.

tizzl10 said:
lol @ the garlic..

ok, have you taken off your stock camera to see if it can plug into the wire that powers it? you should be able to tap off of that power cable.
should be an easy solution.....

AllanVB said:
tizzl10 said:
lol @ the garlic..

should be an easy solution.....

hop to it! lol.

tizzl10 said:
lol @ the garlic..

Hi folks, to each their own, but before just cutting and plugging, you might want to know a little more. Voltage, amperage draw. They created a special cable for the camera, if it were simple, why did they not do it? Wrong voltage could fry controller or motors, too much amperage could fry P2V main board or NAZA.

Clearly it can be done, just do it smart.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk 4

was hoping this was plug and play. Looks like they left out one major detail on the power for the unit. I did receive mine in the mail today standard shipping.

amrflyingdude said:
So what's te verdict? I'm ready to pull the trigger on this but making sure it's a good buy.

I sent them an email asking if there's another way to connect power to this guy, besides a battery on top of the GPS :shock: I'd hold back on placing an order until this is neatly resolved. If you were to place the order today, you'd probably still get it next week. We're all on the special list here...

****, this isn't good news. Hope one of your guys find an easy solution. I thought this 3D would have been a nice alternative, inexpensive, ready to ship. I planned on ordering this week. Taco had emailed me they could ship with a 3-4 day lead, express mail.
It seems like these gimbals are a real weak spot. People with the DE are having problems with jello effect, Rotopixel is still backordered.
If DJI had any brains, they would have jumped on this long ago.

slicknet said:
****, this isn't good news. Hope one of your guys find an easy solution. I thought this 3D would have been a nice alternative, inexpensive, ready to ship. I planned on ordering this week. Taco had emailed me they could ship with a 3-4 day lead, express mail.
It seems like these gimbals are a real weak spot. People with the DE are having problems with jello effect, Rotopixel is still backordered.
If DJI had any brains, they would have jumped on this long ago.

I agree. DJI had a chance for some revenue by creating a gimbal for the vision. I've been flying my p1 more often that the vision because of the gimbal actually, so I was hoping to purchase this but I better hold.

Well I wasn't expecting that, the whole PV2 gimbal issue is turning into a right pain in the Harris! And I am really not sure what Mr Mak Ka Yue means about affecting the flight controller.

Hi, usually we used a separated battery to drive the gimbal because we do not want the gimbal affect the operation of the flight controller. we are sorry that you do not like our approach. we just refunded you. please check your paypal account. thanks.

Hello,

I am a little concerned about the gimbal I ordered, some people received theirs today. There is a lot of concern about the power leads. No one wants an extra battery stuck to their phantom.
This was not made clear on your website, what is the solution to hard wiring it.

The website now appears to have been updated in the specifications section:

NOTE: DJI Phantom, CAMERA shown is not included(reference only)
You need a separated battery (eg. 3s 800mah) to power up the gimbal and a servo cable to control pitch direction.

Awfullynicefella said:
Well I wasn't expecting that, the whole PV2 gimbal issue is turning into a right pain in the Harris! And I am really not sure what Mr Mak Ka Yue means about affecting the flight controller.

Hi, usually we used a separated battery to drive the gimbal because we do not want the gimbal affect the operation of the flight controller. we are sorry that you do not like our approach. we just refunded you. please check your paypal account. thanks.

That's what I was saying. There is a lot that could go wrong (if not done properly). For example, if the ginmal controller and motors pull too much power from the wrong place (Ex: NAZA flight controller or even main board) they could cause a failure or malfunction. Another concern is the noise that motors feedback into the power line (or noise that comes from the P2V to the gimbal), that noise (if not filtered / corrected) could cause problems with the NAZA flight controller or other parts like the GPS, ESC's, radios, ... If you use a separate power source (as it seems they have chosen to do) none of this is any concern, much easier to deal with something when you don't have to think about it.

Simple solution would be to tap into the back of the main battery terminals, use a voltage regulator to step the voltage to what the gimbal requires, wrap the wires four or five times through a ferrite core (just to be safe) and go flying.

EDIT: I just read a little slower, they say "3s" so if you tap into the P2V battery terminal you do not need a voltage regulator, just ferrite core (optional but a good idea) and go. Not too bad, just be careful to not mess up the main lines into the P2V (bad news.)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl