$250.00 3D Power~Taco-rc Gimbal for P2V

Reaction score
Ok here is the new video with the 3D Power gimbal installed out of the box without any adjustment . The video is only corrected for color and title and transition. Everything else is raw data
Weather conditions were; sunny, Winds 15-19 mph with higher gust (visible on the video). FPV distance out to 1,200 feet at an alt of 200 feet. at this point I see no appreciable loss of FPV. everything is stock. I will do Further testing at different locations to get a more consistent results.
See in HD....

I am now working on detailed instructions to post.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o4CpILlBy4[/youtube]

Ok here it is:
REMOVE BATTERY!!!!

1. Disconnect the power cable from the camera, carefully remove the camera from rubber shock mounts.
Carefully disconnect the servo connector, remove camera.
1b. remove the rubber cover and remove the black screw, now place a small screw driver between the servo housing and the ear and dislodge the plastic gear insert ( remove servo )
2. Carefully remove all 12 screws lift the top half of the shell ( disconnect the 4 wire connector and remove the GPS antenna connector) set aside the to shell.
3. carefully remove the F2 cable from the NAZA and lift cable from phantom (set aside for future use). a 3 wire cable is supplied with the gimbal you will notice that the red wire has been disabled on one of the connectors.
you will attach the connector with the white wire at the bottom of the F2 connector and route the wire through the same channel as the original wire as shown and out the bottom of the body. (Image 2)
4. The power cables of the gimbal are somewhat short unless you want to solder them to the battery terminals( I soldered extensions and soldered them to battery cables attached to the main power distribution board.) image 1
5. Route power cable thru the leg hole and attach to the mating plug on the gimbal. Connect the gimbal pitch signal cable and connect it to the 3 pin connector white wire towards the inside of the board.( Note: i used the black wire a s the signal wire)
6. Reassemble the top shell, remember to reconnect the 2 connectors and secure with screws.
7. Insert camera onto the mount and secure.
8. start up and check operation then make appropriate adjustment with BGC software.

Attachments

• IMG_1120.jpg
    IMG_1120.jpg
    502.2 KB · Views: 1,940
  • IMG_1118.jpg
    IMG_1118.jpg
    395.5 KB · Views: 1,847
  • Screen Shot 2014-03-21 at 10.51.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-03-21 at 10.51.22 AM.png
    518.7 KB · Views: 1,852
look at the connector tucked on top of the board.. read the instructions. Step 4 ( first image look upper right red and black terminals.)

BTW the stock P2V weighs in at 1160g with the new gimbal with camera weighs in at 1310g

I got mine today - hope I can figure this thing out. This is my first experience
with a gimbal. Would have been nice to include some instructions but found the
online version. They kind of leave me scratching my head though.

my is at home and mounted...but i feel i need a little help with calibrating....can anyone help? thanks

lardaz95 said:
I got mine today - hope I can figure this thing out. This is my first experience

How long did it take for the gimbal to arrive?

I purchased one 24 hours ago, paid for the expedited shipping and no shipping info yet and is not even showing on my account history on the taco website. Is that normal?

amrflyingdude said:
lardaz95 said:

I purchased one 24 hours ago, paid for the expedited shipping and no shipping info yet and is not even showing on my account history on the taco website. Is that normal?

Yes it's normal for it not to show up in your history, but they ship fast with expedited shipping. Should take about 4 days or so.

tizzl10 said:
amrflyingdude said:
lardaz95 said:

Yes it's normal for it not to show up in your history, but they ship fast with expedited shipping. Should take about 4 days or so.

Did they sent you shipping info? if so how soon after purchase?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4