25 mW video TX - much higher mW output

Reaction score
I tested a Walkera TX5811 Video transmitter that suppose to be 25 mW with a second hand bought ImmersionRC power meter and the power output showed about 71 mW and varied a bit between different channels.

So is it common for Video transmitters to have a much higher power output than advertised, even the products from a well known manufacturer as Walkera? Or can it be that my power meter is malfunctioning and showing the wrong value?
I asked this question in another forum as well to have a higher chance of getting an answer.
I would appreciate some input and answers, thanks in advance.

Did you test it outside in the open? Somebody posted recently that the cheaper meters will add power to the reading from other sources.

I tested it inside near my computer, TV and mobile phone, and in the same room as my WiFi network, i will have to redo the test and post new results.
But i have a feeling it will be about the same power output, but who knows?

The link does not show any price, but i suspect its much more expensive than the 85 USD i paid for a second hand ImmersionRC power meter?
But one would think that even the power meter from ImmersionRC should be pretty accurate, even though its not a 10.000 USD network analyzer? I thought ImmersionRC is a reputable company?

The link does not show any price, but i suspect its much more expensive than the 85 USD i paid for a second hand ImmersionRC power meter?
But one would think that even the power meter from ImmersionRC should be pretty accurate, even though its not a 10.000 USD network analyzer? I thought ImmersionRC is a reputable company?

The RigExpert is much better. SWR measurement included.
If you measure anywhere near Wifi sources your measurements will be totally off track!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers