Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

25 minute flight time - how did they do it?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by TickTock, Dec 15, 2013.

1. TickTock

From what I can tell, it is 160g heavier and the battery is only 2X the original size. Other than that they are sporting "heavy lift props." I am lucky to get 8 minutes on my original so how do they accomplish the 3X flight times - can the props really be that good? If so, can I put them on my original Phantom?

2. Ksc

Ksc

The props make a slight difference on the old phantom. I find I need less throttle to increase altitude. If you have the phantom with the black and silver prop nuts, you can use the props. They require the CW/CCW motors. At night I fly with the old props and during the day with the vision props. You'll find the vision props are louder. I think I get between 90 seconds and 2 minutes of increased flight time. If you really want to increase flight time you can look into upgrading motors, props, and a more powerful battery. After it's all said and done, you may find it more cost efficient to sell your phantom and move over to the phantom 2. Downsize is that $150 battery. If it's like all the other dji products, the battery will be down to $75 by summer.

3. camelman

The vision battery is a 5200mah so that's almost 2.4 times bigger.

I'm running an original phantom with Zenmuse, gopro, FPV transmitter and Vision props and easily get more than 10 minutes out of a 2200mah battery.

Multiply that by the 2.4x bigger battery and you get the 25 minutes.

4. Migmon

my vision has easily flown for 20 minutes several times. however with the cold weather I am seeing i have noticed battery life is dropping... i did a flight a few weeks ago in 20 degree weather and noticed the battery % dropped very quickly after doing too long climbs... the battery life will improve in the warmer weather tho. very happy with battery life so far.