25 dollars to anyone that knows how to fix this firmware update problem.

Reaction score
So I've crashed 2 phantom pros, and my third experienced this problem:

Video signal lose ( yes i know there is another thread about it) BUT nothing fixed it, and i mean i tried everything, and can't get any firmware to install properly. it always sounds like its updating normal then screeches and flashes or solid red lights. additionally controller beeps and flashes red when it turns on,

I gave up today finally after about 40 hours of trying to fix it, changing cables, sd cards, lowering hd settings, changing locations everything... well i bought a new p3, updated perfectly no problem.... i used that exact same sd card in my old bird... and it fails over and over again.... i used remote with another bird and it worked...

anyone have any idea other then sending it back...

problem started when i tried to upgrade (it worked perfect before), it kept failing firmware update, one time it failed but it said it had 1.4 so i flew it like that anyways... video would connect 1 out of 4 times i turned it on if not worse... i finally couldn't take it so i tried to downgrade firmware.... it failed again... then tried 1.4.... failure again.... now I've tried each one multiple times and they always fail. i get zero video signal connection now.

the only things i can notice is that the remote beeps when i turn it on... sometimes twice, sometimes non stop, some times other amounts.... video signal never connects now..... bird connects to remote with no issues. and i can control everything, take pics and videos, i just can't see whats on the screeen, its just black and it says no signal.

Here is what i have tried so don't recommend these things please.

1. diff batteries
2. diff sd cards
3. diff locations
4. lowering hd settings
5. installing chanell hack
6. changing cables
7. letting it keep screeching in closet.
8. yes i put bin file on root ( i update my other bird flawlessly and countless other ones)
9. praying

My problem here is now that it won't install 1.3 or 1.4... and it says i have 1.3+ installed....

or if anyone wants to buy it. 975.00 and everything is yours.... i think thats fair considering i paid 1350 or so for it. dji told me to send it back but that it would take 4-6 weeks.

HELP guys :) thank you. if anyone knows answer that fixes problem ill paypal you $25.00

Reactions: Mike Mauk
$500 dollars to this first person that jailbreaks the no fly zone firmware and allows responsible pilots to fly "their" drones without Big brother restrictions.

Reactions: PilotHarry
Since something's stuffed up in your machine, I was suggesting going back to something that should work since you hadn't mentioned trying an earlier version.
If it works, then update with the latest version.

I expect you are using IOS. With android it was the same (issue with live video) up to the last version where now it works finally perfectly. Now it seems that the issue is more on IOS side, most probably because of the IOS 9.1 update get out shortly after the release of the GO app. I am sure that DJI will correct that soon as it has been done for android. In the mean time you will have probably to step back to 1.32, starting first from 1.19 as previously suggest to be sure that upgrade steps goes smoothly.
I had one time version 1.32+ shown when I added the HDMI module. I updates the RC again and then it was normal again. So it probably indicate some differences in versions.
Where did you observe the version? In the power up window that pop out or in the menu "...", ABOUT window?
In the ABOUT you should be able to see the version of the App, RC and firmware in the P3.
Screenshot_2015-09-19-11-15-24.png

A + would indicate a mix of versions.
Note the last version 1.4.10 is only for the P3, it will not update the RC.

$500 dollars to this first person that jailbreaks the no fly zone firmware and allows responsible pilots to fly "their" drones without Big brother restrictions.

For sure there's a setting that you can add to the dji config file to override no fly zones. If your serious about paying I'll deconstruct/debug the iOS binary and figure it out.

Are you updating them in order? I think you have to be at a certain firmware level before going to the latest one. Also, why do you keep crashing??

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

That was painful, Pass it on... Hahaha, did you tell the buyer about the error situation!
Hope then, the next owner has more luck than you had with it. ;-)

Happy for you, that you are finally able to enjoy the Phantom fun.
Now get out there and put some flight kilometres on the thing.

RedHotPoker

Hey bud. If you roll back to Firmware1.32 there are no fly zone restrictions. All your giving up is intelligent flight controls.

Where's my $$$$?

Lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31