24-Hour Technical Support for Inspire 1 Customers

Reaction score
Hello, fellow Phantom 1, 2, Vision and Vision+ owners. I was wondering if anyone received the following link in an email recently? http://link.dji.com/u/gm.php?UID=rvC1vQeX3j&ID=290636680_94310_264185 I just thought it was funny considering I own a Phantom 2 V1 which is registered with DJI not an Inspire 1. Maybe DJI is attempting to correct technical short comings that owners of their lower priced products have experienced. Unless Phantom owners just don't account for enough of DJI's sales to warrant 24 Hour Technical Support. Don't get me wrong I love my Phantom 2 and I would love a Inspire 1 but it is simply out of my price range. I would just like DJI to offer everyone the support they deserve regardless of which product you own and maybe send an email to let Phantom owners to inform them of software/firmware updates instead of information for a product I don't own. I am not trying to anger anyone I just wanted to voice my opinion. Yes I know what opinions are like! :lol:

I received that email too. With all the issues I've seen here and on Facebook groups, I was kind of irritated that they'd send that to everyone and not just Inspire owners.
And I'd think that Phantom sales will far surpass Inspire sales for at least another quarter or two. But I can understand and assume that at this point DJI could only try out this support program with the Inspire since there were will be far lesser folks utilizing the 24/7 support vs the Phantom.
Just thinking of all the Phantom issues I've read about online, just imagine that translated to a hot line... And with a good portion being pilot error, imagine how tought it would be to get through?
Yes, I would love if DJI would offer the same support to Phantom owners. But wait time and customer service having to sift through user error and legitimate concerns would possibly make it inefficient.

I received it too. It kind of sucks that we do not warrant the same consideration. For us Phantom owners, it would be nice if DJI would return a email in a timely manner!

jsob said,
Unless Phantom owners just don't account for enough of DJI's sales to warrant 24 Hour Technical Support.
I would guess Phantoms amount to a fairly large percentage of DJI's business. A new and expensive (compared to the Phantom) quad may not represent a very high percentage of their business as the Inspire just hits the shelves.

I view this email a couple of different ways. Perhaps it's an attempt to show they are going to start giving good customer service which until now they have not had and sway folks to purchase an Inspire before buyers go to another brand (GoPro?).

Next I think, okay a number to call, but it's staffed by one person and you'll get busy signals and long, if not eternal, wait times.

It seems not all customers are not created equil. Or are they? With dji's past history of lack lustre, non existent support, Inspire 1 customers could be in for a rude awakening. Leave a message and we will get back to you within an hour??? That immediately sends off alarm bells... Inspire 1 could quickly become Inspire none...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic