2312 Motor issue - UPDATE FROM DJI!!!

Mori55 said:
Why didn't you return them ? I have already soldered mine in , so I'm screwed. No idea if it's a esc issue or insulation problem. Not even sure what esc to get ? How would we know if has the right firmware ? My esc say v2 but what firmware is it ?

Once DJI gets this all sorted out and makes these new motors/esc's... at least as reliable as the 2212's, I'll probably just put new heat shrink tubing over the wires and make sure that they are as far apart as possible. I can put the T-Motors in my other bird (a P2V non plus).

I have just had confirmation my dealer does have firmware version 4.06 in stock of the ESC's

I ordered the Motors, ESCs, and the new Compass strut From http://www.dronecamps.com.
The prices were very reasonable, andd I got everything in a few days, except for the ESCs, which were backordered for obvious reasons.
I Received the ESCs, about 2 weeks ago and, from what has been said here, they are the correct version. (Image Below)

I would recommend these guys, I spoke to them over the phone before ordering, and they were right up front answering every question I had.
You can buy an entire V3 upgrade kit, or individual components.

Upgrades page HERE: http://www.dronecamps.com/#!dji/cx0j

Attachments

• ESC V2_1.jpg
    ESC V2_1.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 438
Ok examine this to me. On their website all the v3 esc say 2.0 , plus they say that's what you use on the 2312 motor. So what gives ?

CapnBob said:
I ordered the Motors, ESCs, and the new Compass strut From http://www.dronecamps.com.
The prices were very reasonable, andd I got everything in a few days, except for the ESCs, which were backordered for obvious reasons.
I Received the ESCs, about 2 weeks ago and, from what has been said here, they are the correct version. (Image Below)

I would recommend these guys, I spoke to them over the phone before ordering, and they were right up front answering every question I had.

DBS was running this exact set from dronecamps when his bird went down..... :?

Thanks for the link to that upgrade pack. Thinking about it!

So is the new LiPo transmitter any more powerful than the old one? I modded my old one to give it a 8db TP-Link antenna. Suppose I'd have to do that again...

CapnBob said:

Here's the ESC Drone Camps shows for the 2312 Motor

Attachments

• Drone Camps ESC for 2312 Motor.jpg
    Drone Camps ESC for 2312 Motor.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 442
Mori55 said:
Ok examine this to me. On their website all the v3 esc say 2.0 , plus they say that's what you use on the 2312 motor. So what gives ?

You would have to ask them. I ordered mine before this whole thing blew up.
Chances are, they're just using old photos on the site.
Mine are the correct version. at least as far as I can tell after wading through a ton of conflicting info.

I did call them before I ordered as I mentioned.
They answered my questions at that time to my satisfaction.

According to what dji told Justin00, I received the correct one.

Attachments

• ESC V2_1.jpg
    ESC V2_1.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 401
DJI's admission, assuming it's accurate hearsay, confirms for me the the best approach is to just fly the thing. If it has the wrong ESC and it crashes, I'll get it replaced on warranty. One year warranty on the ESC. As opposed to pre-emptively replacing the ESC and potentially voiding the warranty on the rest of the Phantom systems.

Well that's fine if you have a new v3. But what about us who did a motor upgrade. My pv+ esc say V2. So how do you know ?

MacCool said:
DJI's admission, assuming it's accurate hearsay, confirms for me the the best approach is to just fly the thing. If it has the wrong ESC and it crashes, I'll get it replaced on warranty. One year warranty on the ESC. As opposed to pre-emptively replacing the ESC and potentially voiding the warranty on the rest of the Phantom systems.
Are they going to replace your Phantom if it falls in the lake?

syotr said:
MacCool said:
Are they going to replace your Phantom if it falls in the lake?
Who knows? It's a risk calculation. First of all, I"m not convinced there's a real issue given up-to-date ESCs. Second, they might not replace under warranty under certain circumstance. Third, if I open the Phantom and do solder-surgery on four key components then it a certainty that they won't replace under warranty.

Mori55 said:
Well that's fine if you have a new v3. But what about us who did a motor upgrade. My pv+ esc say V2. So how do you know ?

What I heard/read/saw on this forum was that if you don't get 4 beeps on powering up, and the front LEDs only go red when you start motors,
you have the correct ESC firmware. Do not take that as gospel. Research these forums..

I have an older (Non V3) V+. I have done the V3 upgrades, but still have my original ESCs installed because they exhibit this behavior.
I'm holding off on both further flying and changing out to the new ESCs until I have more info.
There is a lot of opinionated and conflicting information hovering about, and I'm not risking the bird until I know the answers.

rbhamilton said:
Thanks for the link to that upgrade pack. Thinking about it!

So is the new LiPo transmitter any more powerful than the old one? I modded my old one to give it a 8db TP-Link antenna. Suppose I'd have to do that again...
No it's not anymore powerful.

I have the 2312 motors and E300 MarkII ESC's on my waterproof quad. I do have heatsinks attached to the ESC's which protrude through the shell. So far they are running very cool. I have not tried to stop a prop to see if they burn up.
I hope the problem does not affect the new E300 ESC's.

Attachments

• Dex on table.jpg
    Dex on table.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 384
  • IMG_20150105_144916700.jpg
    IMG_20150105_144916700.jpg
    316.4 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_20150105_144951975.jpg
    IMG_20150105_144951975.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_20150105_145015919_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150105_145015919_HDR.jpg
    312.9 KB · Views: 391
No DBS had 3x v2.0 and 1x v2.1

mede8er said:
CapnBob said:

DBS was running this exact set from dronecamps when his bird went down..... :?

If dare say if DJI was based in Aus, UK, USA or 1 of 100 countries this would if been handled a whole lot better.. I'm not being racist but this is classic behaviour of alot of companies in the same...well...continent lol... not all companies though..
just try sweep it under the rug.....i guess its not the best publicity when they are launching the new major product lol.

From reading on other forums i believe DJI is replacing the ESC for v3 owners.. but are they going to do the same for people who bpugh 2.0 ESC just to do the upgrade... lucky I didnt buy them a few weeks ago as I was considering... even if its free I dont want to send it away for 8 weeks and its pathetic to expect new owners who have just spent $1000 to send it away. Id be furious if i only flew it fir a few weeks to then have to send my brand new pyrchase away fur 8 weeks.... lucky im not in that boat but I do feel the pain some of you will be going through :/

Hi Guys
My names David from Scotland. This is my 1st post so be gentle
Just found this forum after buying my V+ Version 3 and I was wondering what to do?

I opened up my bird and I have no version number on the sticker So what do I do?

DU162 said:
Hi Guys
My names David from Scotland. This is my 1st post so be gentle
Just found this forum after buying my V+ Version 3 and I was wondering what to do?

I opened up my bird and I have no version number on the sticker So what do I do?

My advice would to open the top cover and look for 2.1 on your ESC label. If is no 2.1, then call dji tech support right away. Don't ignore this because it is not a fluke. I and so many other currently sit with a ball of plastic debre.

Thanks for the swift reply

Yeah i did open it up and there is no version at all on the label

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr