Reaction score
What do you think the new year has in store for the drone industry? I personally think we'll see increased regulation, but also increased price to performance and cool new features. What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app

Idiots making the news, feel good for grandma legislation in response, new hacking underground to fix unreasonable resrictions

Maybe someone will bring out something to compete with the P3?
So far the other manufacturers are still only matching what DJI did with the P2.
If we're really lucky there might be a new camera for a P3 size drone.
If only someone would make something with the workings of the Sony RX100 squeezed into a compact aerial camera body.

Maybe someone will bring out something to compete with the P3?
So far the other manufacturers are still only matching what DJI did with the P2.
If we're really lucky there might be a new camera for a P3 size drone.
If only someone would make something with the workings of the Sony RX100 squeezed into a compact aerial camera body.
I don't know though. It would take so much capital and time to develop a product that could even match the p3. DJI has been working on it for a long time. Coming into the game now with an inferior product wouldn't really work that well IMO. The only company I can think of that has hinted at a drone that has that kind of capital is GoPro.

Well we will deffo see the new go pro drone ,wondering about 1st out the box copter with zoom camera, that would be nice!

Or the phantom4 ace with retractable landing gear as standard, and a 4k camera with full 360 and bitrate (mbps) at 120 as oppose to the slow 60 we have right now! I can dream lol.

What about a upsized P3 that can carry a bigger payload and be modular to suit every need. Maybe a app to replace having to be connected to a computer for all adjustments.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Some competitors getting really close such as the Prodrone Byrd.

The Pro Drone looks interesting and has a nice mix of Phantom/Inspire features but the big difference I see is the 2K limit and how will video transmit that far compared to Lightbridge? Of course we won't know until it is out and compared but that video stream is DJI's strong point.

Now what I think 2016 is going to bring is some turmoil, maturation and settling of the hobby/pro UAV world.

Also, the ability to pass from pilot to pilot is going to be a big pro feature we will see more. It allows operation to be relayed and thus a longer single flight pattern.

P4 ? - Retractable landing gear, removable camera that goes to an Ozmo 2, longer flight times on the Pro and Adv versions, an emergency chute, a water resistant/floating option for major $$$ . Just my guesses.

Now what I think 2016 is going to bring is some turmoil, maturation and settling of the hobby/pro UAV world.
Oh yeah. I think most if not all of the Kickstarter drones will go bankrupt.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl