2015 HUBSAN X4 PRO

SilentAV8R said:
gunslinger said:
Almmohd said:
hmm... is it a proprietary battery as well?

I just went out and spent some time researching this and found nothing definitive. There is so much speculation and erroneous information out there about this quad that I was sitting here laughing.[/quote}

I have seen and held AND flown this quad. I have inspected the pack. It is a regular 3S lipo.

No idea on the "size range". It's about the same as a Phantom.

You are very fortunate to have flown it! This may be straddling the line, here. I don't what Phantom you fly. I would really like to know your thoughts on whether you expect this to be serious competition for the Phantom. Not having FPV, on my Phantom, I would really like everyone's opinion on whether you feel your Phantom, with your set up is a better system than the X4 or Ora or whatever the name.

I am looking to getting into FPV, though I have it on a cheaper drone. But, to be honest, so far, I find this very appealing, if they keep it to the projected price. My only negative is if I wanted to upgrade to another transmitter, for greater channels, etc. With the FPV being integrated into the transmitter, that could present a problem.

However, just from appearance, it looks more attractive than the Phantom's transmitter. But, looks isn't everything. The only thing I would have changed would be to have the FPV display towards the top of the transmitter.

Having said all of that, this and the VTOL plane that I posted about, are at the top of my "really want it" list. I don't know which I'll buy first. The VTOL is for sale now, but not as RTF at last check. On my "Wish List" is a high quality, high channel count, transmitter that isn't outrageously priced! You hear that Futaba!

Would you buy this drone, assuming the price remains the same and it meets all expectations?

I have a Phantom 2 Vision and a Phantom 2 Vision +. I do not fly it "FPV" using goggles, I use an iPad on a tripod. Easy to control the camera and I don't have all that crap hanging off the transmitter. I have the updated TX with the wheel to control the camera tilt.

The ORA has an all in one TX that has 2 screens on it and so you do not need anything else. Will I buy one? Absolutely. I plan on the version with the 3-axis gimbal and camera. The ORA transmitter has a solid professional feel and looks great. It does not have the Toys-R-Us look and feel of the DJI transmitters.

Hope that helps.

Almmohd said:
There is a placeholder listing for it on bang good that says it flies for 40 minutes. I almost added to cart then realized it's not even on sale yet anyway.

Yeah when I saw it I was like "Wow! So much cheaper then I thought!"

Then I realised that was some sort of deposit you can pay to reserve one or something. Also I've bought some other things from Banggood and they've arrived in pretty terrible conditions.

This Hubsan looks great though. I think it can compete with DJI for sure. They only need to not rush everything like DJI seem to do.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20