2015 HUBSAN X4 PRO

Reaction score
Not sure if it's been posted, but I seen this today and thought it was awesome! I think I might try to pick one up when they come out.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7NtibR61Q0[/youtube]

The quad or the parachute? Or both? The parachutes are already available.

But, the drone does sound interesting in that they covered many bases. I wonder if there will be some sort of plug for googles or to drive other displays. Plus, it needs a sun shade. I'm sure that will be available.

PhantomFanatic said:
But, the drone does sound interesting in that they covered many bases. I wonder if there will be some sort of plug for googles or to drive other displays. Plus, it needs a sun shade. I'm sure that will be available.

This has been known, in the world of extreme Hubsan fans, as the unicorn. We've been waiting for well over a year for its imminent arrival. We've seen pictures of a number of different aircraft as the design has morphed over time. This one actually made it to CES 2015 and appears to be the real deal.

In the U.S.A. it will be sold as the "Hobbico Ora" as Hobbico has purchased licensing rights to market it under their own name, much like Estes sells the Hubsan Q4 as the Estes Proto X. It appears that it will be sold in Europe and Asia as the Hubsan X4 H109 S Pro. They're now saying that it will be released in March 2015, but you can take that with a grain of salt. I've heard prices in the $1,800 range for the full blown aircraft with camera, gimbal, etc... We'll see... :D :D :D

-slinger

gunslinger said:
PhantomFanatic said:

This has been known, in the world of extreme Hubsan fans, as the unicorn. We've been waiting for well over a year for its imminent arrival. We've seen pictures of a number of different aircraft as the design has morphed over time. This one actually made it to CES 2015 and appears to be the real deal.

In the U.S.A. it will be sold as the "Hobbico Ora" as Hobbico has purchased licensing rights to market it under their own name, much like Estes sells the Hubsan Q4 as the Estes Proto X. It appears that it will be sold in Europe and Asia as the Hubsan X4 H109 S Pro. They're now saying that it will be released in March 2015, but you can take that with a grain of salt. I've heard prices in the $1,800 range for the full blown aircraft with camera, gimbal, etc... We'll see... :D :D :D

-slinger

Do you see this as major competition with the Phantom line? Slinger, because of you, I've become a Husban fan! I don't have one, but somehow I became a fan and I have two on order and I can't wait until they come in. Reviews on Amazon are great. Both are your fault! :)

PhantomFanatic said:

I was talking about the full package, but a spare chute for the phantom would be nice if you could use it. Maybe I'll be able to pick one up when they come out. Gotta get one of the small ones as well just because it's something I feel should be in my collection.

kitari said:
PhantomFanatic said:

I was talking about the full package, but a spare chute for the phantom would be nice if you could use it. Maybe I'll be able to pick one up when they come out. Gotta get one of the small ones as well just because it's something I feel should be in my collection.

According to an ad in Rotor Drone Magazine, they are available in three sizes. I don't know if it is the same device. I'll have to look at the ad again. Very clever mounting location. I hope the rotors are killed before deploying.

I'm already wanting one! (The entire package!)

And, I have two small ones on the way to me. One will arrive today. The other is on a slow boat leaving China! These will be my first Husbans and I blame these purchases on Gunslinger! (and the great reviews on Amazon!). One is 2.4" x 2.4" x a little over an inch. With HD camera. 720 I believe.

The little ones look like a lot of fun! The bigger one has me drooling and hoping I get a good tax refund!

PhantomFanatic said:
Where?

I was fortunate to get about 5 minutes of stick time on the ORA at the AMA Expo. Flying inside a small net cage it was hard to tell much, but I can say that in ATTI mode (no GPS inside) it was stable and yet nimble. Felt very solid and locked in. Frankly made my Phantom feel sloppy. I am definitely going to be in line for one of these. The transmitter is very cool too. Word I got was late March and between $1,500 to $2,000 depending on the level of options/gimbals/camera you want.

For me one HUGE thing is that it uses a conventional 3S 7,000 mAh pack. No special proprietary packs like DJI uses on the Phantom 2 and Inspire.

SilentAV8R said:
I was fortunate to get about 5 minutes of stick time on the ORA at the AMA Expo. Flying inside a small net cage it was hard to tell much, but I can say that in ATTI mode (no GPS inside) it was stable and yet nimble. Felt very solid and locked in. Frankly made my Phantom feel sloppy. I am definitely going to be in line for one of these. The transmitter is very cool too. Word I got was late March and between $1,500 to $2,000 depending on the level of options/gimbals/camera you want.

For me one HUGE thing is that it uses a conventional 3S 7,000 mAh pack. No special proprietary packs like DJI uses on the Phantom 2 and Inspire.

I bet that was fun, I'd love to go to something like that, but I don't think we get anything cool like that around here. Maybe in Nashville, but that's a 2 hour drive, and I always seem to get lost when I go. Last time I went with some friends and ended up driving around the city for hours trying to find something. After all that, I came to the conclusion that there's a portal somewhere that will keep warping you to roads near the grand ol opry, or the hard rock café. :lol:

Happyflyer said:
PhantomFanatic said:
Where?

I just saw your question. I have a bunch of magazines to look through, but I will find it for you!

kitari said:
Not sure if it's been posted, but I seen this today and thought it was awesome! I think I might try to pick one up when they come out.

I just saw the youtube video for this, it looks wow!! Anyone know what is the flight time.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZj7geha_k0&x-yt-ts=1421914688&x-yt-cl=84503534[/youtube]

My third dji phantom 2 battery just failed and I think a fourth is not far behind. I am going for something that doesn't steal my money :cry:

Almmohd said:
kitari said:

I just saw the youtube video for this, it looks wow!! Anyone know what is the flight time.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZj7geha_k0&x-yt-ts=1421914688&x-yt-cl=84503534[/youtube]

My third dji phantom 2 battery just failed and I think a fourth is not far behind. I am going for something that doesn't steal my money :cry:

They're saying 30 minutes... but... we'll see... :D

-slinger

hmm... is it a proprietary battery as well?

Almmohd said:

I just went out and spent some time researching this and found nothing definitive. There is so much speculation and erroneous information out there about this quad that I was sitting here laughing.

I've seen it listed as a 260 MM class quad and a 370 MM class quad. 260??? :lol: :lol: :lol: It is actually a 370. I've seen the battery listed as a 240mAh 3.7V 25C and a 11.1V 5300 mAh Lipo battery. Hubsan is now stating 11.1V 7000 mAh Lipo. I remember reading somewhere that it's not a "smart battery" which would mean that it's not going to be proprietary.

But... The fact that no one seems to have a grip on this issue leads me to believe that the answer could eventually land on either side of the fence. I've also heard that there are two batteries available (possibly the 5300 MAH and 7000 MAH) in two different price ranges for use on either the bare quad or the fully outfitted gimbal/camera toting quad...

-slinger

There is a placeholder listing for it on bang good that says it flies for 40 minutes. I almost added to cart then realized it's not even on sale yet anyway.

Almmohd said:

Nope. Uses any 3S 7,000 mAh lipo. This is a huge plus in my book. I've got 3 dead Phantom packs. I've been flying/using lipos for several years and have many packs that are well used and long lived. The Phantom packs are crap/.

gunslinger said:
Almmohd said:

I just went out and spent some time researching this and found nothing definitive. There is so much speculation and erroneous information out there about this quad that I was sitting here laughing.[/quote}

I have seen and held AND flown this quad. I have inspected the pack. It is a regular 3S lipo.

No idea on the "size range". It's about the same as a Phantom.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr