Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

2000ft FPV Range

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by dbcch, Apr 6, 2014.

1. dbcch

2. BenDronePilot

Yeah it sounds like the camera on the plus has either higher power output, better antennas or both. But that still doesn't change the fact you can significantly increase that range with a modded repeater. And now with 640x480 30 FPS being an option the stronger the signal you can get the better if you want to fly with that preview quality setting at long range.

3. Scottrod

I'm just glad they improved the antenna on the Phantom itself. That leaves a ton of improvement for someone just modding the range extender and keeping the machine factory.

4. pault

I think I saw somewhere that it comes with a standard antenna connector allowing you to use an antenna of your choice.

5. nhoover

I wonder if the controller range really is increased. My latest distance run with the P2V resulted in over 2.8km with a stock Tx and P2V.

6. FCPhantom

And if you look P2V+ transmitter power and compare it to P2V and FC40 Tx power, P2V and FC40 has 120mW and P2V+ has 100mW in FCC!
    How come P2V+ has longer control range (800m)?
    2.8 km is quite impressive range! I have FC40, so in good conditition, I could also achive same range with my FC40...

7. ClimbrJohn

I would presume the control antennas on the P2V+ have changed. The antennas for the camera on the P2V+ definitely have changed (they were in the camera housing before). Time will tell when people start taking them apart.

8. mchrol

I've checked that too. How it is possible ? I know only the antenna for WIfi at least is outside camera shell on the landings . Maybe that is the reason why signal transmitting to Wifi Ext. is stronger and receiption of FPV increased to 400m

9. pyrophantom

I think the point is that there are probably a vast majority of buyers who would be quite happy to take the aircraft out the box with those flight characteristics and are not interested in modding, which is one of the plusses I can see - you cant deny its a better platform for the mass users who just want to take every day footage right out the box