20 point start up procedure for Phantom 2 (non vision)

radioguy said:
1. In the general opinion of the group, is it mandatory to do the compass calibration every time you fly?

Personally I choose to calibrate every time. For the sake of a 30 seconds and a quick foxtrot, it's a habit I've gotten into. I don't think it's necessary to do so unless you shift your flying site significantly.

radioguy said:
2. Do the Phantom 1 prop guards fit the Phantom 2?

I think they fit however they are not much use as the blades on a P2 are longer than the original Phantom (p1=8" : P2=9"), therefore I think the blade tips would stick out past the end of the guards if fitted on a P2.

May i know why need to check blade edges?

4. Spin the Phantom props by hand and check the blade edges

goldfishrock said:
radioguy said:
1. In the general opinion of the group, is it mandatory to do the compass calibration every time you fly?

Personally I choose to calibrate every time. For the sake of a 30 seconds and a quick foxtrot, it's a habit I've gotten into. I don't think it's necessary to do so unless you shift your flying site significantly.

radioguy said:
2. Do the Phantom 1 prop guards fit the Phantom 2?

I think they fit however they are not much use as the blades on a P2 are longer than the original Phantom (p1=8" : P2=9"), therefore I think the blade tips would stick out past the end of the guards if fitted on a P2.

Thanks for the quick reply. Looks like I'll be ordering prop guards specifically for my 2. And I guess doing the calibration is a good habit to get into. Interesting that my Blade 350 doesn't call for it, and frankly, I've flown it all over the place, never re-calibrated its compass, and it continues to fly flawlessly.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik