20% off through DWI....

Reaction score
Hi. Notice that DWI has 20% off all DJI products until the end of the month. I have used them I the past with no issues, but I am concerned what would happen with things like 'flyaways' etc if I did not make the purchase through an authorised dealership. Any thoughts anyone?

Hi. Notice that DWI has 20% off all DJI products until the end of the month. I have used them I the past with no issues, but I am concerned what would happen with things like 'flyaways' etc if I did not make the purchase through an authorised dealership. Any thoughts anyone?
Personally, i would not risk my warranty. The low price may be because they are selling units without a warranty, hence the good deals... after sales support can be pricey! DJI explicitly states any purchases from unauthorized channels will not have warranty's.

Personally, i would not risk my warranty. The low price may be because they are selling units without a warranty, hence the good deals... after sales support can be pricey! DJI explicitly states any purchases from unauthorized channels will not have warranty's.
Thanks Jeriami - that exactly what I was looking for in an answer. I don't want to risk a warranty problem either. The probem is that DJI have just put all their dealer prices up - increased from $1950AUD to $2199AUD, and I am really unhappy with having to pay $250AUD more today than I would have had to have paid on the weekend, just because DJI have got greedy....

Hi Jeriami - I have just looked on dji.com and cannot find anything about warranty being void unless purchased through an authorised agent. Can you please point me in the direction of where this is stated? There are a number of conditions listed, and this is not one of them... Cheers

dji-dealer.png
Hi Jeriami - I have just looked on dji.com and cannot find anything about warranty being void unless purchased through an authorised agent. Can you please point me in the direction of where this is stated? There are a number of conditions listed, and this is not one of them... Cheers
Hello, please refer here & navigate to the top of the page & read the first paragraph.

Phantom 3 Professional & Advanced - Dealers | DJI

They make it very clear they will not repair your unit even if it is DJI's fault or pay for shipping if you buy from someone not on that list, not pointing you out or anything or even referring to you on this remark, but there has been a lot of controversy that if you buy a unit from Best Buy & other sellers not on that list that you would in fact retain your warranty, DJI planted that paragraph for a reason, not for nothing... i am not one to take risks, I am unsure if you are but if you buy a unit from someone not on that list i would hope you don't need after sales support, some take the word of shops not on that list saying you can buy from un-authorized dealers, but i will continue buying from authorized channels until that paragraph no longer exists.

Last edited:
View attachment 35958
Hello, please refer here & navigate to the top of the page & read the first paragraph.

Phantom 3 Professional & Advanced - Dealers | DJI

They make it very clear they will not repair your unit even if it is DJI's fault or pay for shipping if you buy from someone not on that list, not pointing you out or anything or even referring to you on this remark, but there has been a lot of controversy that if you buy a unit from Best Buy & other sellers not on that list that you would in fact retain your warranty, DJI planted that paragraph for a reason, not for nothing... i am not one to take risks, I am unsure if you are but if you buy a unit from someone not on that list i would hope you don't need after sales support, some take the word of shops not on that list saying you can buy from un-authorized dealers, but i will continue buying from authorized channels until that paragraph no longer exists.
Thanks Jeriami. Appreciate your response, and yes you give great advice. But the DJI page refers to dealers / distributors, not retailers. DJI is silent on retailers. There are only 4 dealers in Australia listed, but there are dozens and dozens of retailers - big brand national names, not micky mouse outfits. One of those 4 Australia 'dealers' on the authorised list does not even sell to the public, because they are a dealer, not a retailer. They sell the product to local departments stores and camera houses, so I, as the purchaser just go and buy the product off the shelf without any idea as to where the original unit came from or through what channel it got here.... Its an interesting situation. But anyway - things are a little bit clearer now so thanks again for your responses. Much appreciated.

But the DJI page refers to dealers / distributors, not retailers. DJI is silent on retailers.
That note is saying you should not buy from retailers (AKA unauthorized DJI dealers).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues