20 minutes for an answer on DJI chat.

Reaction score
This past Sunday I placed an order for a refurbished Phantom 4 from the DJI Store for $799. The order went through and I thought that sometime Monday I would see a shipping date, but nothing. I emailed and even tried the DJI Chat function through the site but I was 138th in line. Today I tried it and was 50th in line so I kept it up on the screen and watched the numbers count down pretty quickly. Yesterday I actually saw the number go up! Any way, someone from DJI finally came on and asked how they could help me. I gave them my order number and asked if they could estimate a shipping date. They just disappeared. I kept typing messages hoping to get a reply back. My last message was "Do I need to cancel my order and get it from Amazon?" They finally replied back with December 11th after taking 20 minutes. Shortly after I did end up cancelling my order and placing one on Amazon for a new Phantom 4, (not a refurbished model) 3 batteries and a charging hub for $1199.

Attachments

• DJI.jpeg
    191.7 KB · Views: 442
Interesting. So are we to assume that they are selling reburbished Phantoms that aren't yet stocked? Sounds like it.

Well you ordered it on a Sunday so no one was packing or shipping then. Also it just so happened to be the Sunday following Black Friday. DJI sold hundreds of P3P through their eBay store and I'm sure they sold a pile of refurbs on their Black Friday sale. I don't think a couple days to process and ship out is that unreasonable. They are a very well established company and we're constantly updating the stock levels in their auctions so I assume they wouldn't be selling units they didn't have in stock. I know we all want stuff asap but a little patience goes a long way.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Well you ordered it on a Sunday so no one was packing or shipping then. Also it just so happened to be the Sunday following Black Friday. DJI sold hundreds of P3P through their eBay store and I'm sure they sold a pile of refurbs on their Black Friday sale. I don't think a couple days to process and ship out is that unreasonable. They are a very well established company and we're constantly updating the stock levels in their auctions so I assume they wouldn't be selling units they didn't have in stock. I know we all want stuff asap but a little patience goes a long way.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I understand that, but these companies are automated beyond belief these days. My biggest gripe though was the ridiculous amount of time it took the chat operator look up what should have been a simple answer. Within a couple of minutes of ordering it on Amazon I had a delivery date and it is 6 days sooner. I'll fly my Yuneec until the P4 gets here.

PS, nice Rubicon. I have a 2012 Sahara.

It's a free 2-Day shipping Amazon world we live in. This is just what we are growing accustom too. Not just with DJI but all other companies. I found myself doing the same thing after ordering from Bestbuy.com and it taking a full 4 days to arrive! Lol. It's the world we're in and companies are going to have to found some other way.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Tractors4u
I feel you man, I ordered my P3P last Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving through Walmart and the company I actually purchased through is Beach Camera. I sent a request to speak with Beach Camera on Monday. Tuesday morning they got right back to me and said they greatly apologize it is taking this long to ship out. They stated they couldn't believe how much product they sold and the orders were literally just backed up beyond belief. So I am still waiting on a shipping ticket, but I have to say they are on top of their communication and outreach to their customers. They told me they would email me the moment my Christmas package left the warehouse and on its way.

Oh and we also purchase tons of stuff through Amazon and love it, but I am also getting my packages much slower this year than previous years. We are breaking records this season in people buying goodies. So I am ok with a tad more of waiting. Hurry Up Beach Camera!!!

This past Sunday I placed an order for a refurbished Phantom 4 from the DJI Store for $799. The order went through and I thought that sometime Monday I would see a shipping date, but nothing. I emailed and even tried the DJI Chat function through the site but I was 138th in line. Today I tried it and was 50th in line so I kept it up on the screen and watched the numbers count down pretty quickly. Yesterday I actually saw the number go up! Any way, someone from DJI finally came on and asked how they could help me. I gave them my order number and asked if they could estimate a shipping date. They just disappeared. I kept typing messages hoping to get a reply back. My last message was "Do I need to cancel my order and get it from Amazon?" They finally replied back with December 11th after taking 20 minutes. Shortly after I did end up cancelling my order and placing one on Amazon for a new Phantom 4, (not a refurbished model) 3 batteries and a charging hub for $1199.
They still got your money. Things may change when a few competitors start taking more market share.

"Do I need to cancel my order and get it from Amazon?" They finally replied back with December 11th after taking 20 minutes. Shortly after I did end up cancelling my order and placing one on Amazon for a new Phantom 4, (not a refurbished model) 3 batteries and a charging hub for $1199.

Good for you. You would think that DJI would hire more people to assist with these hundreds of calls for orders and/or help with troubleshooting. DJI needs to get their act together. :mad:

Reactions: Tractors4u

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4