2 weeks with the P Vision and heres where I stand

Reaction score
1.I can Fly better
2.My PV is in worse shape
3.Ive gone thru a set of props

4.I made landing gear..it worked but then I took it off and prefer just to grab it. Take offs are easy... landing with that crapy stock small base is tough..wants to tip back.

5.I currently have 8" props and prop guards. Flys fine and I like the protection.

6.After crashing (X 2) I now have a bad vibration and noise from 1 motor. The result is monster jello in my video when that motor is engaged in any way. I'm going to replace in a couple days.

7.I updated all software and on Tx and Rx/PV and still don't see IOC. Also not it seems to be out of calibration somehow after. It drifts away and to the right. Sure makes it tough to hover. I'll try again soon. (*****update**** it is now working)

8.So over all I know ALOT more, have a smidge more skill, but am overwhelmed still to a degree. I like this thing but it's starting to be high maintenance. I just wan to fly and shoot some cool video. I hope I can get back to that point soon. Right now it's a mess. :?

Signed,

Nearly Burnt Out Newb

Ha it wasn't nearly that bad. I touched a wall outside about 5 feet off the deck. It tumbled down and landed on its top. That exact thing happened twice. Thus the prop guards which have made a huge difference for mitigating my poor flying. It still flew fine. Still does.. just the hover thing (drifting) is bugging me. I did just go back in and figure out the advanced settings. IOC is active etc. So thats good.

I'm semi confident I'll have this thing dialed in by next week. (new motor, calibrated etc)

James.

Shame the DJI box doesn't have trim adjustments next to the sticks like my DX8 or the Futaba; that way you could just trim out slight imperfections from dinged props etc and get a stable hover. Not sure I like the DJI controller but using 5.8 on this version you are stuck with what they have.

Sidewinder said:
Shame the DJI box doesn't have trim adjustments next to the sticks like my DX8 or the Futaba; that way you could just trim out slight imperfections from dinged props etc and get a stable hover. Not sure I like the DJI controller but using 5.8 on this version you are stuck with what they have.

Dang it. Yeah some trim adjustments would be nice. I was thinking just maybe I might be able to do that in the assistant software some how but not sure yet. It would be guess work to a degree..

James

Khakis1999 said:
Jimmy you forgot to mention that your camera popped off when you crashed and broke your props and you had to reattach it. It's made of glass

Yeah, I crashed mine into a tree, then it fell about 6 meters on soft ground. Camera and batteries flew away, but was able to put it all back together with no apparent permanent damage, other than 2 broker props!
I was very surprised!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik