2 simple mods for security and safety for your unit

Reaction score
As a new fc40 owners, i noticed 2 things when I crashed or made a hard landing.
1. the cam ops out of the holder
2 the unit tips over. ( I have prop guards)
so I decided to make 2 low tech mods,
1. i tethered the cam to the bolt used to adjust the angel of the cam using a small nut that fits nicely into the top slot of the cam and some string. In this case i used the strong string that came with the prop guards. i tied the string to the nut, inserted the nut into the slot, pushing past the spring loaded ball in the slot, then i made a lasso in the other end of the string and slipped over the bolt head. see photo. now i wont lose the cam or the plastic mount
2, i made 4 skids out of a carbon fiber rod used as skid for small helicopter. I used 4 plastic zip ties to secure the skids to the unit and now have removable skids, that take put on and about 30 seconds to put on and about 2 seconds to remove. , Now my unit wont tip over.

here are the photos for my post on custom skid and tethered cam.

Attachments

• custom skidsmall.jpg
    custom skidsmall.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 829
  • tethered camsmall.jpg
    tethered camsmall.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 817
Good tips.
I almost lost my camera when it popped out and I didnt notice it at first. Luckily I didnt go to far and was able to locate it.

sorry for the delay in response. I also adjusted the door latch so it closed more positively by carefull heating the latch while i held the latch in the most solid position.

and now it closes and stays closed t the point that i must open it slowly or i will pull out the rubbers dampeners. its a good think because between my lasso and the door being locked better, i have not had the camera pop out even after a healthy crash

Another 'mod' I have made for the safety and security of my unit... I put a sticker on it that says "Reward if found" and my phone number :)

great idea, i live in thailand and its much more likey to look in ebay for my unit for sale the next day after i lose it

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20