2 sec exposure night shot - Let me know your toughts

Reaction score
P3 Pro ISO100 2Sec Lightroom #LovingAerialShots
One of my favorites shots

Foto_final.jpg

Nice job. Perfect dusk/night shot. And sharp. Surprised there isn't more movement trails from the cars at 2 sec.

Reactions: PunaPhantom
And a really nice example of just how stable these birds can be!

Been wanting to do this, I've looked on YouTube vids but all the videos seem to be based on an older version of the Dji app ( pilot app) any one got any vids that are relevant to the newer app?

Been wanting to do this, I've looked on YouTube vids but all the videos seem to be based on an older version of the Dji app ( pilot app) any one got any vids that are relevant to the newer app?

It´s in the Dji Go App, set your shutter speed all the way down until you see 1" (1sec exposure)
But the Drones does not do all the work, most of it must be done in Lightroom, lot of edit here.

Reactions: crash1sttime
Really like that. Explain your camera settings again please. Is that strictly for a night shot? I use LR as well.

Really like that. Explain your camera settings again please. Is that strictly for a night shot? I use LR as well.

Exposures shots can be done at night and day.
But at day you are going to need ND Filter of 32 or more

VERY NICE shots. I am guessing there was very little wind. In my experience, to avoid the NO FLYING AFTER SUNSET rule, I fly just before sunset and then in post processing, I can adjust the perceived darkness and/or contrast. This also allows for faster shutter speeds. I will soon be trying to lengthen the shutter speeds to get car trails above a large "clover leaf" interchange of a federal highway. I will be using time lapse as well so that I can merge the images to "paint" the light paths through the intersection.

Looking in the DJI go app, i can set the camera to manual but all i have is

ISO 100-3200
Shutter 25 - 8000
M.M figure alters on whatever above settings are on.

So where do I set it to 1 second? i know it may be obvious to some but not to others.

Scratch that, not sure how I managed it but somehow the whole range of numbers are appearing when i move the Shutter dial, time to go out and have a go.

Last edited:
If you know how, could you post crop of small section of
image at 100%? From a center area that includes
corners of buildings, windows, etc. Thanks.
(am assuming center is in focus)

Looking in the DJI go app, i can set the camera to manual but all i have is

ISO 100-3200
Shutter 25 - 8000
M.M figure alters on whatever above settings are on.

So where do I set it to 1 second? i know it may be obvious to some but not to others.

Scratch that, not sure how I managed it but somehow the whole range of numbers are appearing when i move the Shutter dial, time to go out and have a go.
-------------------------------------------
Note on the top image I'm in the Camera Setting Menu in the Manual Mode. When you first see this screen none of the camera variables are selected.

Push the turn wheel in the bottom screen to select a variable ... in the top screen, I have selected "Shutter" which is BLUE. Repeated presses of the turn wheel will sequence among ISO-Aperture-Shutter.

When in a mode, e.g. shutter below, rotate the turn wheel to select the setting. Rotating the turn wheel in the case below would adjust the Shutter speed.

Try it!

FullSizeRender.jpg.jpeg

IMG_1376.JPG.jpeg

If you know how, could you post crop of small section of
image at 100%? From a center area that includes
corners of buildings, windows, etc. Thanks.
(am assuming center is in focus)

You can download the high quality photo and zoom in and check yourself :)

MEGA

Your 100% example seems sharp centrally @ 2 seconds!
There are vehicle light trails right of center...
I'd be :eek: :eek: :eek: gobsmacked if there was any breeze?!!!
My P4P+ set on F4 & ISO 100 BeginMode always so I'll be eager to try
evening-night shots when no breeze...

Curious, how many exposures did you take of each composition
as insurance that at least one would be acceptably shake-free?

Reactions: PageXone
Your 100% example seems sharp centrally @ 2 seconds!
There are vehicle light trails right of center...
I'd be :eek: :eek: :eek: gobsmacked if there was any breeze?!!!
My P4P+ set on F4 & ISO 100 BeginMode always so I'll be eager to try
evening-night shots when no breeze...

Curious, how many exposures did you take of each composition
as insurance that at least one would be acceptably shake-free?

There was a little breeze. The first Pic was with P3 Pro, the second was taken with Inspire 1 which is more stable in windy conditions.
Thats a good question, I would say 7 of 10 exposures pictures go to my recycle bin :)

Reactions: B25J

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic