2 Questions

Reaction score
First question:
I get terrible glare off my phone during the height of the day and I'm using a shield. Yesterday I could not even see where I was going very well at all in a construction site. What can I do to help this situation?
iPhone 6
Zagg Invisible Shield screen cover on phone
brightness turned all the way up

Second Question:
Is there a way to tell how much data you have left on the SD card from the DJI GO app? Sucks terribly to be 2000' away filming and get an out of space message...

I get terrible glare off my phone during the height of the day
Get a sun shade -- like the DJI sun shade or Anbee sun shade. I have the DJI sun shade for my iPad Mini 2. It's made well and folds flat when not in use. Other than that, the only other thing that'll help is standing in the shade.

Is there a way to tell how much data you have left on the SD card from the DJI GO app?
When recording video, you can see the number of minutes you have left at the top, right of the DJI GO app. And, when taking photos, you can see the number of photos remaining. Both are determined by checking the amount of space available on your memory card. Depending on the format of the video/photos, you'll either have more or less minutes/photos available.

Last edited:
Get a sun shade -- like the DJI sun shade or Anbee sun shade. I have the DJI sun shade for my iPad Mini 2. It's made well and folds flat when not in use. Other than that, the only other thing that'll help is standing in the shade.

When recording video, you can see the number of minutes you have left at the top, right of the DJI GO app. And, when taking photos, you can see the number of photos remaining. Both are determined by checking the amount of space available on your memory card. Depending on the format of the video/photos, you'll either have more or less minutes/photos available.
I do have a sun shade but it was not very helpful. Really wondering if the Invisible Shield is causing more glare than needed. It was the glare and reflection that was so terrible.

I did not know about the values in the DJI GO app for minutes remaining and pictures remaining. Thank you! I'll check it out.

I do have a sun shade but it was not very helpful.
It's time for plan B then:

-Paraguas-del-morral.jpg

Haha... it would look kind of funny, but it would really work.

A 3-sided hood is absolutely not efficient enough according to my own experiences if you are shooting in bright daylight circumstances. Standing in the shadows don't help that much.
The only thing really helps is a 4-sided hood and while looking your are closing the topsite with your face.

I made one myself and I'm very happy with it. See tread:Monitor Hood | DJI Phantom Forum

A 3-sided hood is absolutely not efficient enough according to my own experiences if you are shooting in bright daylight circumstances. Standing in the shadows don't help that much.
The only thing really helps is a 4-sided hood and while looking your are closing the topsite with your face.

I made one myself and I'm very happy with it. See tread:Monitor Hood | DJI Phantom Forum
Curious. Do you put that up to your face? I wonder if a 4 sided hood that you can just look down into would work.

Curious. Do you put that up to your face? I wonder if a 4 sided hood that you can just look down into would work.
I put the hood against my face because I discovered that the reflections of the light of your face will disturb a clear view.
And if I put my face like that I get a nice magnification of the screen of y I-Pad mini. Around 20*30 cm's.

A 4-sided hood will do a better job then a 3-sided hood. But you must make some measures in order to operate the screen.

I put the hood against my face because I discovered that the reflections of the light of your face will disturb a clear view.
And if I put my face like that I get a nice magnification of the screen of y I-Pad mini. Around 20*30 cm's.

A 4-sided hood will do a better job then a 3-sided hood. But you must make some measures in order to operate the screen.
Makes me wonder if it is possible to create a hood with 4 sides and an anti glare screen that will allow you to see the full screen of the phone or ipad "without" pressing your face against the box.

This should be possible... Maybe something with an amber filter maybe? But the screen would have to be itself anti glare...

Since I make only stills I only bring the hood to my face to see if the quad is in the right position and how the composition is. So never for a long time. So it isn't annoying me at all.

For my pictures I always have a clear LOS so the hood is also not needed for navigation.

A filter or antiglare screen might work, I have no experience with it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4