2 Questions

Reaction score
Hey guys, brand new to the forum. I have been flying with the vanilla dji phantom for a bit and am looking for advice from the pros, which has led me here to you all. I realize that these questions have been asked before but am having some trouble finding the answers( I have gone through many of the forum pages so far with some success) so if you don't want to answer my questions I would be more then happy to read specific threads if you would point me to them.

1st. I am interested in using a 3rd party remote but i don't have a specific model in mind. I am under the impression that the stock TX/RX use Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum. Would it be possible to use any FHSS capable remote? What should I know about using a 3rd party remote?

2nd. I am also interested in setting up an FPV system. I currently have a GoPro 1. I do not necessarily want to use goggles at this point. Is there a recommended transmitter/receiver I can use with a GoPro 1 to output to an LCD Screen if I wanted?

Thanks for any and all help!

I don't know of ANY remote that is compatible with the Phantom V1.x.x....because I haven't specifically looked into it. There is a reason for that. ALL of the Gopro stuff was designed to operate on the 2.4(I think) GHz frequency....and the Phantom Tx/Rx system operates on the SAME frequency. Therefore the potential and reality of interference between any wifi communication between GoPro and a receiver and your control TX/RX. If you can find a remote that operates on another frequency...let us ALL know...since virtually EVERY Phantom flyer is operating their GoPro without a remote for exactly this reason. Power on the camera and record your whole flight. That is how EVERY flyer is doing it right now. The Phantom 2 vision was specifically re-designed to get around this problem....with the GoPro 3.

Very few are using the GoPro 1 for many good reasons. Many more recording formats, FOV options available in the 2 and 3, and the 3 saves you 25 gms of weight = 25 seconds of flight time every flight. Other than that, I believe your video out USB port on the 1 is otherwise compatible with every FPV.

I don't know of ANY remote that is compatible with the Phantom V1.x.x....because I haven't specifically looked into it. There is a reason for that. ALL of the Gopro stuff was designed to operate on the 2.4(I think) GHz frequency....and the Phantom Tx/Rx system operates on the SAME frequency. Therefore the potential and reality of interference between any wifi communication between GoPro and a receiver and your control TX/RX. If you can find a remote that operates on another frequency...let us ALL know...since virtually EVERY Phantom flyer is operating their GoPro without a remote for exactly this reason. Power on the camera and record your whole flight. That is how EVERY flyer is doing it right now. The Phantom 2 vision was specifically re-designed to get around this problem....with the GoPro 3.

Very few are using the GoPro 1 for many good reasons. Many more recording formats, FOV options available in the 2 and 3, and the 3 saves you 25 gms of weight = 25 seconds of flight time every flight. Other than that, I believe your video out USB port on the 1 is otherwise compatible with every FPV.

VarianCytphul said:
Hey guys, brand new to the forum. I have been flying with the vanilla dji phantom for a bit and am looking for advice from the pros, which has led me here to you all. I realize that these questions have been asked before but am having some trouble finding the answers( I have gone through many of the forum pages so far with some success) so if you don't want to answer my questions I would be more then happy to read specific threads if you would point me to them.

1st. I am interested in using a 3rd party remote but i don't have a specific model in mind. I am under the impression that the stock TX/RX use Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum. Would it be possible to use any FHSS capable remote? What should I know about using a 3rd party remote?

2nd. I am also interested in setting up an FPV system. I currently have a GoPro 1. I do not necessarily want to use goggles at this point. Is there a recommended transmitter/receiver I can use with a GoPro 1 to output to an LCD Screen if I wanted?

Thanks for any and all help!

Get a Futaba radio. I suggest this one. It even comes with a receiver. http://www.futaba-rc.com/systems/futk8010.html
It is just a matter of taking the stock receiver out and putting in the Futaba.

As long as your video out on your camera shows you what the camera is looking at and not just recording then any FPV transmitter will work as long as you get the correct cables.

I use DJI's transmitter with their mini IOSD and it works well. http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/131042944633?lpid=82

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl