2 questions about new auto pilot app

Reaction score
#1) how well do the channels work on this app? i.e. The GO app has the channel hack that allows u to use different channels so there's less interference. Does the auto pilot app have anything like this?

#2) Does the app consume a lot of the tablet/phone resources causing them to get hot like the pilot app does?

Any info would help before I commit to buying it. O, and I'm using iPad mini 2.

This week I did experience overheating of my iPad mini 2 while flying with the latest app. It kept dropping video link at close proximity to the craft. That was a first, so I have concluded it's more demanding of the CPU. It appears the CPU slows down due to heat, which won't allow enough CPU bandwidth to decode the video stream real-time, giving the symptom of dropped video. The iPad was much warmer than ever before, add so I held the iPad in front of my car air conditioner for about 15 min before each flight. As a result it stopped dropping video for subsequent flights that day with a duration of about 12-15 min. The conditions were 90F and I was in bright sunlight, it was very warm. However I have flown in identical conditions with no problem with the previous GO app using the same iPad. The new app appears borderline. I'll be curious what others have experienced.

Last edited:
This week I did experience overheating of my iPad mini 2 while flying with the latest app. It kept dropping video link at close proximity to the craft. That was a first, so I have concluded it's more demanding of the CPU. It appears the CPU slows down due to heat, which won't allow enough CPU bandwidth to decode the video stream real-time, giving the symptom of dropped video. The iPad was much warmer than ever before, add so I held the iPad in front of my car air conditioner for about 15 min before each flight. As a result it stopped dropping video for subsequent flights that day with a duration of about 12-15 min. The conditions were 90F and I was in bright sunlight, it was very warm. However I have flown in identical conditions with no problem with the previous GO app using the same iPad. The new app appears borderline. I'll be curious what others have experienced.
I think the op is talking about the autopilot app not the dji go app...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl