Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

2 questions about new auto pilot app

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by g182237, Sep 14, 2015.

1. g182237

#1) how well do the channels work on this app? i.e. The GO app has the channel hack that allows u to use different channels so there's less interference. Does the auto pilot app have anything like this?

#2) Does the app consume a lot of the tablet/phone resources causing them to get hot like the pilot app does?

Any info would help before I commit to buying it. O, and I'm using iPad mini 2.

2. John Locke

This week I did experience overheating of my iPad mini 2 while flying with the latest app. It kept dropping video link at close proximity to the craft. That was a first, so I have concluded it's more demanding of the CPU. It appears the CPU slows down due to heat, which won't allow enough CPU bandwidth to decode the video stream real-time, giving the symptom of dropped video. The iPad was much warmer than ever before, add so I held the iPad in front of my car air conditioner for about 15 min before each flight. As a result it stopped dropping video for subsequent flights that day with a duration of about 12-15 min. The conditions were 90F and I was in bright sunlight, it was very warm. However I have flown in identical conditions with no problem with the previous GO app using the same iPad. The new app appears borderline. I'll be curious what others have experienced.

#2 John Locke, Sep 14, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  3. Milehigh970

I think the op is talking about the autopilot app not the dji go app...