Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

2 Problems with new Phantom

Discussion in 'Phantom 1 Discussion' started by Bainreese, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Bainreese

Hi there,

I have two separate issues with my new Phantom 1.

#1. I charged the battery once to full and flew it. Attempted to charge it the second time and all it does is sit with the 1 cell light on and the charge light flashing. All cables are hooked properly and I did not invert the red and black. It doesn't seem to want to take a charge now.

#2. I assume I have the updated firmware as it was released almost a year ago and my Phantom was only recently purchased, but just to be sure I DLed the Software assistant & default Config. Plugged in the Phantom to the computer and plugged in the battery and it just sits there and double beeps at me until I unplug it.

I've searched for double beeping problems and couldn't find anything. I also searched for the battery issue and all I could find were flashing cell lights that indicated someone had inverted the red and black wires which I didn't do.

Anybody teach a noob what is going on here?

Thanks!

2. Bainreese

Okay, with a little more digging and searching it seems both problems were related. I'd over-discharged the battery and the charger DJI has with it doesn't recognize the empty battery. I didn't think I had discharged it that far. So when hooking it up to the Updater it didn't have enough juice to update. The more you know.

3. N017RW

Great.

The problem is that the 'intelligent' battery is not supposed to allow you to over charge or discharge among other things.

4. kirk2579

P1 battery is not like the P2, no smart battery.
    had this happen to me and used a 9vdc low power wall wart (on concrete garage floor) for about 5 -10 minutes, charger picked it up then.