2 Phantoms on -> no singal

Reaction score
While we had 2 Phantoms in the same area we had signal lost and video problems. Both quads were Phatom3 one was Pro the other Adv.

We decided to shoot on Phantom the other one on takeoff and after, but signal lost was too scary and testing with both aircrafts and TXs on, i lost complete the video signal and i had to activate RTH.

Is this normal ?

Regards

Eddie

While we had 2 Phantoms in the same area we had signal lost and video problems. Both quads were Phatom3 one was Pro the other Adv.

We decided to shoot on Phantom the other one on takeoff and after, but signal lost was too scary and testing with both aircrafts and TXs on, i lost complete the video signal and i had to activate RTH.

Is this normal ?

Regards

Eddie
I fly 2 all the time now ,you need to manual set channels at least of 2nd one to start or yes there is video pixilation, much more than normal
and loss of distance but if you chose far ends of channels i have noticed no issues these are sitting about 4 ft apart and no issues at all

Video channel configuration?

Antenna setup?

Distance you were operating?

Need some more data for any meaningful conclusions.

You need to manually switch video transmission channels in the app so they don't conflict. In Europe you can't do this without a hack. I'm in Europe and we had 7 flying at the same time with an inspire and nobody had video signal.

A week ago I had my p3p and another person had very vision+

We had a ton of interference. His app completely crashed several times. My app told me signal is weak. Even when our radios were 60 feel away from each other, I was still getting this warning.

I'm in Europe. How can i switch to manual mode for video channels with Go app in my ipad mini ?

I'm in Europe. How can i switch to manual mode for video channels with Go app in my ipad mini ?
There is a hack, I haven't done it myself but if you search through this p3 section you will find it or Google phantom 3 32 channel hack

Reactions: oal331
If you set the ipad location to USA or any country not in EU, you will be able to set the channels manually away from each other.
There is a further hack you can increase the number of channels back to how it was when they first released P3, but you may not need it.

Ok, let's move from EU to the new world, even virtually :)

Thanks both for your replies,

While we had 2 Phantoms in the same area we had signal lost and video problems. .
Is this normal ?
You should be able to fly two Phantoms together without any problem.
I've done it a few times.
i-fXHGsCQ-L.jpg

i-6WHQdfv-L.jpg

If you set the ipad location to USA or any country not in EU, you will be able to set the channels manually away from each other.
There is a further hack you can increase the number of channels back to how it was when they first released P3, but you may not need it.

It works ! Changing the country from ipad 's settings the Dji app unlocks the option to choose manually channels.

Thanks again

Eddie

Interesting. I was flying my P3P near a P2V+ last weekend, and anytime we got near each other (transmitters) or the Phantoms got near each other, my video started going wonky and/or cutting out.

It wasn't a huge deal, as we could just keep a 15+-foot distance, but made it harder to show my iPad screen to the P2V+ pilot using his iPhone. I'll have to look at manually setting the channel next time to see if that clears it up.

Interesting. I was flying my P3P near a P2V+ last weekend, and anytime we got near each other (transmitters) or the Phantoms got near each other, my video started going wonky and/or cutting out.

It wasn't a huge deal, as we could just keep a 15+-foot distance, but made it harder to show my iPad screen to the P2V+ pilot using his iPhone. I'll have to look at manually setting the channel next time to see if that clears it up.

In my case both aircrafts were Phantom 3 and we had ~5 meters (15 meters) distance. Next time we also test to switch channel.
Good luck !

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl