2 phantoms in flight

Reaction score
My pal has just got a fc40 same as mine, might sound daft but can we both fly together with out any interference with transmitters ect ect. not sure if 2 phantom fc40s can be flown at the same time with both transmitters and drones close together.

I flew my FC40 with a 2.4 Ghz FPV right along with a Phantom 2 and a F550, both running od 2.4 Ghz. The F550 had 8.5 Ghz FPV. The only problem we saw was interference on the video.

OK, I'll bite why? Same feqs but controllers are locked into the Naza on startup?
They don't seem to ignore other RF heavy signals.

R/C systems use frequency hopping, so lots can work in a narrow band together, but a wide band RF signal like a TV transmission will overload the RF input stage and causes loss of sensitivity and selectivity. This means that the receiver cannot discriminate between different radio signals and stops working. Same goes for running WiFi on the quadcopter, as this is a small TX close to the RX and on a very similar frequency.

noiseboy72 said:
R/C systems use frequency hopping, so lots can work in a narrow band together, but a wide band RF signal like a TV transmission will overload the RF input stage and causes loss of sensitivity and selectivity. This means that the receiver cannot discriminate between different radio signals and stops working. Same goes for running WiFi on the quadcopter, as this is a small TX close to the RX and on a very similar frequency.

Additionally the Tx/Rx are 'bound' to each other such that the receiver is trained to listen to just your transmitter.

Basically its a digital code that the receiver 'looks' for to determine if it is the proper signal to respond to.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31