2 people Flying Phantoms

Many do. The transmitters & receivers are paired.

I've flown my phantom2 with two other friends, following each other, filming "flybys", and never had problems with interference. Maybe just lucky. Now getting too close to power lines/ transformers.. Another story.

Whats the most Phantoms flying together at one time has anyone seen? Any vids of 5 or so flying together?

I've flown 3 simultaneously.

QuadGrandad said:
I've flown my phantom2 with two other friends, following each other, filming "flybys", and never had problems with interference. Maybe just lucky. Now getting too close to power lines/ transformers.. Another story.

I flew my Vision+ out to 4,000 ft. last week and 370,000 volt power lines were directly in the LOS. Didnt affect a thing. Even seemed like it was boosting the signal. :mrgreen:

saw a video with 9 phantoms flying as a group. They all flew fine. Man you would need to be alert.

noiseboy72 said:
These TXs use advanced pairing technology, so I think the maximum is over 250 or something.

I believe the limit is actually 40. That's the figure I've seen quoted previously.

I have seen from 80 - 500 quoted, so take your pick. The pairing is almost infinite and the band allows for thousands of channels, so it's just the intermodulation, receiver rejection and guard bands that you would need to factor in to get a correct figure.

Not sure it's ever been tested in anger, but even the BMFA nationals with upwards of 200 competitors seem quite relaxed about 2.4GHz ISM TX use both on the flightline and in the testing area.

The main issue is more from powerful Txs on other channels, swamping the receiver and reducing selectivity to the point that the receiver will accept a control signal on virtually any frequency. This has been shown to lead to loss of control. but affects all low power radio systems, not just radio control.

HarryT said:
Clipper707 said:
I've flown 3 simultaneously.

What are you? An octopus? ;)

haha! Couldn't have done it without the GPS. I was really only "flying" one or two at a time while the other(s) hovered.

It does seem like there is the possibility for hundreds of simultaneous a/c operations.

There are dozens of articles explaining the Spread Spectrum technologies but here is one that is contemporary and has contact info for the author if one wanted to ask something specific:

http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/RC-Spread-Spectrum.html

I flew my FC40 with actual FPV (not the stock camera) along side a Phnatom 2 and an F550 with FPV. NO problem with control. I had interference on my video as I assume the guy flying the 550 did, since his control and my FPV were both 2.4 Ghz and my control and his FPV were both using 5.8 Ghz.

Each controller is paired with the receiver in it's quad. Other controllers won't interfere with it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4