2 P3's Crashed, CSC May Be To Blame

Reaction score
There are 2 separate users posting of their Phantoms "Falling from the sky"
They've posted their flight logs, and forum member @Luap is somehow bringing their flight logs into dashware, and showing CSC as the very last event prior to the crashes.
One unlucky owner of a crashed bird was flying his own Phantom, and the other unlucky owner was allowing a friend to fly his.

Not to re-kindle the fire here, but CSC can happen.

Professional - P3P Fell out of the sky

Professional - Drone Crash - Fell Out of Sky

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The quad is designed to do this so no real shock there. If I turn the key off on my car the engine stops but I don't do it while driving down the road!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

While it does not shock many people, it does shock those who accidentally do it mid-flight. Almost everyone who has done it mid-flight has no idea what happened.

Of course it can happen. Anyone can do it.
The question is, why would somebody deliberately want to perform such a stunt maneuver. I was initially also worried that I might accidentally trigger this combo in flight, but now it seems very unlikely. The CSC for an emergency motor shutdown corresponds to a violent backwards/inwards rotating spiral dive that would feel very awkward to perform.

Reactions: N017RW
The question is, why would somebody deliberately want to perform such a stunt maneuver. I was initially also worried that I might accidentally trigger this combo in flight, but now it seems very unlikely. The CSC for an emergency motor shutdown corresponds to a violent backwards/inwards rotating spiral dive that would feel very awkward to perform.

But that assumes that you are flying with DJI Go. Several of the third party software packages re-map the stick controls in some of their advanced modes. (I.e. AutoPilot's Cruise mode). This enables some pretty cool functionality but also increases the likelihood that someone will trigger the CSC process accidentally. DJI really need to find a button combination/sequence that is much less likely to be triggered during any kind of flight.

DJI really need to find a button combination/sequence that is much less likely to be triggered during any kind of flight.
Yes, I agree that a dedicated emergency shutdown/self-destroy sequence would need to be more difficult to trigger and should not have been mapped to the main controls. A dedicated switch under a flip-hood would have been more appropriate.

Things may be looking up for some....

With the latest firmware v1.0.0288 for the Phantom 4, DJI have changed the way you would stop the motors mid flight. Back in the P2 and P3 days, some idiots people managed to power off the Phantom mid flight by performing the CSC command ( used to power it on also ). All this is now changed.

In order to power down the Phantom 4 id flight ( in an emergency ) you now need to bring the LEFT stick to the bottom inside corner while simultaneously pressing the Smart RTH button. I am sure someone will manage to bring down a P4 by doing this accidentally but it seems DJI have listened to requests for the procedure t be changed to limit the stupidity of some people.

From here.... No More Accidental CSC In The Air

We might see this in a future P3 update.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1