2 of the best FPV options (coming soon)

Reaction score
I've been looking for the past month for FPV options for my P3 suited to my taste.

I didn't like the fat sharks which i think are more suited for fpv racing. Headplay FPV is pretty good but i think the design and materials are not quite there yet.

I found 2 options that i would like to share with you guys :

1) Carl Zeiss VR One with the (coming soon) app called CloudlightFPV (www.cloudlightfpv.com) that is specially designed for DJI drones and will offer full telemetry and video feed directly in the VR One, check the website, it looks quite promising !

The really nice part about this setup is that it does not require the HDMI addon on the remote control.
I've already purchased the VR One headset, will let you know more when the app is released in the store.

VR One is 99$ plus app price

2) I really liked the Cmoar headset. It's pretty versatile, you can either use it with a phone, exactly like VR One or with a LCD screen, they have 1080 and 2k screen options. For the screens you would need the HDMI addon on remote.

The difference between these two is that the Cmoar has a 2D lens option that i think will make the experience using the feed via phone much better than VR One

I will order one once they are released but you can check them out at www.cmoar.com

Cmoar is 99$ in the 2D setup for feed via phone. 99$ more for the 1080 screen.

Let me know what you think about these two.

Reactions: 30secs and TheWire
As i was posting this, the cloudlightfpv app was released, i paid 9.99euros for it. I will let you know what i think of the fpv experience when i get the chance to use it.

Those look like some nice, inexpensive options for FPV. I hope you will keep us up to date on how they perform.

Just a small update. I haven't had time to test it outside, today is raining. I managed to set up the app and connect to the drone. The image is ok, a bit of convex distorsion on the sides, no delay between the feed and what is happening, however, there is absolutely no data on the screen, just plain video feed from the camera.

I will email the developer later on to ask about the missing data in the video feed, it was advertised as giving telemetry and all the options from the dji app. Perhaps future updates...

Well, i may have rushed a bit when i said that the data is not available, i emailed the developer to ask him but as i was watching his website again i realized that i may have needed to push some buttons on the remote to make stuff appear, i think it launches by default with all the data off.

I will check again when i get home.

Also, from what i see in the app description, it should work with any type of cardboard goggles, not just the VR One, however, i think that the VR One is the best option in terms of design and optics, it's made by Zeiss after all.

Attachments

• inspire_remote.png
    inspire_remote.png
    171 KB · Views: 502
App only for iPhone. Any date for android?

And I like the second option.. Looks promising

Hello again !

It was as i thought, the app launches itself with OSD off. I've taken some Ipics straight from the app to show you how it looks, i also tried to take a pic from the headset but it was impossible to capture anything trough those lenses.

Clearly the app needs more work, but this is always happening with first versions. The thing that i really don't like is that it does not allow me to be connected to the DJI app at the same time, so you can't modify anything from the DJI app :(

Once i launch cloudlightfpv and switch back to the DJI app it shows me the drone disconected and i can't connect back until i switch off cloudlightfpv.

Also i haven't figured out yet how to switch from video mode to photo mode and take pictures. As you will see in the uploaded Ipics there is not a lot of info at this point.

This is why i think the best option out of these two is the Cmoar with 2D setup as it allows us to use the DJI app and have all the functions. I will purchase the Cmoar once it's available, i've been following them on Kickstarter and they announced that they will reveal the new design and features in October.

That being said, i don't think the VR One is bad, just needs more work on the software part. Time will tell.

Picture one shows the app using iphone's camera to show you a direct view, so you could land it or check your surroundings without taking the headset off.

Picture two shows the actual telemetry and recording active (red circle on the right upper side)

Pictures three and four are from the menu.

Attachments

• Photo 23.09.2015, 18 17 59.png
    Photo 23.09.2015, 18 17 59.png
    711.2 KB · Views: 594
  • Photo 23.09.2015, 18 22 40.png
    Photo 23.09.2015, 18 22 40.png
    446 KB · Views: 583
  • Photo 23.09.2015, 18 30 20.png
    Photo 23.09.2015, 18 30 20.png
    395.4 KB · Views: 597
  • Photo 23.09.2015, 18 27 07.png
    Photo 23.09.2015, 18 27 07.png
    401.8 KB · Views: 544
Very cool but will there be android support? Also which do you prefer and why?

@30secs, i have no clue, perhaps you should email the developer and ask him.

Between VR One and Cmoar i would choose Cmoar without a doubt, clearly is the superior product and much, much more versatile, at least the way they present it now. Cmoar will be launched in december, perhaps even later, from what i've read they are not even in the production stage yet, but it's coming along and i think it will be a great product with many applications !

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic