2 new ND filters

Reaction score
So I've been lurking ND filters for a while and saw 2 new ones pop up:

TACO-RC ND/PL Polarizer filters set (ND4/8/16/32) for DJI Phantom 3 Professional Advance Free Shipping

DJI Phantom 3 Cinema Series Filter 3-Pack

Taco seems a better deal even with Black Friday sale but I'm concerned these are 5g as opposed to the non polarized ones which are 2g.

Does anyone foresee any issues with the added weight?

How about them being polarized all the time?

Any situations where you wouldn't want polarization?

So I've been lurking ND filters for a while and saw 2 new ones pop up:

TACO-RC ND/PL Polarizer filters set (ND4/8/16/32) for DJI Phantom 3 Professional Advance Free Shipping

DJI Phantom 3 Cinema Series Filter 3-Pack

Taco seems a better deal even with Black Friday sale but I'm concerned these are 5g as opposed to the non polarized ones which are 2g.

Does anyone foresee any issues with the added weight?

How about them being polarized all the time?

Any situations where you wouldn't want polarization?
I just bought the polar pros. I had the 1st GEN polar pros which had issues, but they refunded. I then moved to SRP. They are top notch but expensive and I cracked one with a minor crash and lost another with a list bird. Now trying the PPs with the 25% blackfriday discount. I definitely feel ND/CP 8,16 and ND32 are best combination for cinematic shooting with the P3.

Reactions: Marlijn Franken
Does anyone know if:

1) the added weight will be an issue for the gimbal
2) the polarizing lens would require to be rotated to be aligned for each shot
3) any situations where you would specifically not want polarization?

The weight of the uv stock filter is about 2 gm and if you replace with another 2 gm lens, it's absolutely no problem. I have gone upto 5 gm lenses and didn't find any extra heating on gimbal motor, so it should be ok. Try not to burden motor with extra weight.

I hardly use polarisations during aerial photography unless I see areas with bright reflections/ spots such as over water at noon or over buildings with metallic structures. You need judgement for how much you need it to rotate. May be you need few shots with different polarisations.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers