2 Month Old P3A: My pain continues...

Reaction score
Hi All,

Purchased my P3P at the very end of August, and while overall I think it is an awesome platform which I very much enjoy flying, I find myself hampered by the fact I find new things going wrong due to what looks like build quality that are making it unsafe to fly. Until this past weekend (I flipped on take off due to large gust of wind) I had never crashed my drone once.

15 flights and almost a month to the day I noticed the beginning of the stress crack issue in the inner screw recesses of the two rear arms. Not wanting to deal with DJI warranty service (I live in Aus where there is no domestic DJI repair centre) I went ahead and purchased a second shell. Before doing the swap over, I decided I'd attempt the glue fix that many had posted about. This seems to have done the trick as after another dozen flights on there is no further cracking and the slight rotational flex I was feeling in the two rear arms prior to applying the glue is no longer present.

Anyway, to my most recent issue. Last few flights I had noticed significant gimbal skew where no amount of calibration (auto or manual) would correct. During a pre flight check last week I found that the 2 of the 4 rubber vibration absorbers were missing. This was because the plastic pins that keep them there had simply fallen out, just lucky the missing plastic pins were diagonal from each other.

Despite this latest failure, I am still not wanting to lose my drone to DJI warranty service for months during prime videography season. I have found replacements for the rubber vibration absorbers, however I cannot find anything resembling the plastic pins what keep the gimbal attached to the drone. Can anyone help me out with a part number or online store that stock these?

Thanks!

P.S - Apologies for semi rant post for what effectively is just a request for where I can get plastic pins to attach gimbal to drone...

P.P.S - I own a P3P, not P3A as stated in title (brain fade) ...

There should have been only two of the plastic pins when it was new. If you still have two, you are good. You do need 4 of the "white rubber" pieces however.

Last edited:
As far as I know, there are only two pins on two rubber dampers. The other rubber dampers are there by themselves. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

piss the pins off. Use cable ties.
FYI - these are called anti-drop pins. Only 2 is required and should be installed diagonally.

What DJI say about anti-drop pins
i-ZDTpGVL-L.jpg

I'm in AUS too and there is a helpful authorized dealer and repair center guy at CR Kennedy in Port Melbourne, his name is William Ho and he can fix anything but he'll need to source the parts. He's a DJI certified technician.

Drone Doctor is backlogged, lol. CR Kennedy is right around the corner from Drone Doctor.

Haha, bought my first one from CR Kennedy and second from Drone Dr! Figured CR Kennedy was a grey importer given the $300 cheaper price. I know Drone DR source them through EE Hobbies. CR K I'm not so sure about....

Hi All,

Purchased my P3P at the very end of August, and while overall I think it is an awesome platform which I very much enjoy flying, I find myself hampered by the fact I find new things going wrong due to what looks like build quality that are making it unsafe to fly. Until this past weekend (I flipped on take off due to large gust of wind) I had never crashed my drone once.

15 flights and almost a month to the day I noticed the beginning of the stress crack issue in the inner screw recesses of the two rear arms. Not wanting to deal with DJI warranty service (I live in Aus where there is no domestic DJI repair centre) I went ahead and purchased a second shell. Before doing the swap over, I decided I'd attempt the glue fix that many had posted about. This seems to have done the trick as after another dozen flights on there is no further cracking and the slight rotational flex I was feeling in the two rear arms prior to applying the glue is no longer present.

Anyway, to my most recent issue. Last few flights I had noticed significant gimbal skew where no amount of calibration (auto or manual) would correct. During a pre flight check last week I found that the 2 of the 4 rubber vibration absorbers were missing. This was because the plastic pins that keep them there had simply fallen out, just lucky the missing plastic pins were diagonal from each other.

Despite this latest failure, I am still not wanting to lose my drone to DJI warranty service for months during prime videography season. I have found replacements for the rubber vibration absorbers, however I cannot find anything resembling the plastic pins what keep the gimbal attached to the drone. Can anyone help me out with a part number or online store that stock these?

Thanks!

P.S - Apologies for semi rant post for what effectively is just a request for where I can get plastic pins to attach gimbal to drone...

P.P.S - I own a P3P, not P3A as stated in title (brain fade) ...
Friend it only comes with 2 pins installed and 2 spare plus 4 shock absorbers. If for some reason you lost the pins you can use the smallest size zip tights but keep them 1cm loose like in a ring way, if you don't have zip tights you can improvise with some lining or string. you still need to install the 2 lost shock absorbers.

Thanks all, I've never been so happy for an issue to come back as just being a case of PEBKAC. I have since looked back through my P3A packaging and found the accessories box which does indeed have 4 x rubber dampers and 2 x anti drop pins. Without another P3 to check against I just jumped to conclusions I guess based on my experience to date with the stress cracking.

Anyone else had issues with these rubber dampers coming adrift? If there are no anti drop pins through these rubber dampers, then only it is only the compression of the mount keeping them in place it would seem.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik