2 Mile (3200 Meter) Successful Flight Completed

Reaction score
Can you post your gear please. I know it's on the video, but nice to have for reference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw your video on youtube. I tried to check out the windsurfer that you used. I am not familiar with that. Can you fill me in on that and what it does and how it works? Basically any info that you can provide me would be great. I appreciate your time and help. I am new to all this.
One other question. Which Phantom do you feel gets the best distance. Phantom 2 Vision or Phantom 2 GOPRO?

LiLPhantom said:
Awesome! Hopefully a video to back it up?
My setup for the 2 miles was rather simple:
Stock P2
Immersion 5.8/600
Mini IOSD
Fat Shark Attitudes
Simple cloverleaf antennas
An aluminum wrapped windsurfer cut out of a file folder
I did note that at the 2 mile area the video was worse coming back suggesting the mounting of the transmitter at the rear of the copter pointing slightly rear ward may have been a factor, I had to adjust my position to point the wind surfer directly at the copter with the antenna not fully upright as DJI recommends but pointed right at the sucker... I cut out the wind surfer to be further down on the antenna so its pointing out from the center... I think however an increase in altitude is needed though to keep clear of all the trees and stuff, If your 2 miles out at 60 meters up, that line of transmission is then obstructed by nearer obstacles... I have ordered a few more upgrades to get it out to the 5 mile mark, such as but not limited to, lowering ghz and upping mw on video, Boosting the 2.4 by a few watts, and of course; Antennas... 2 miles out and back took roughly 9 -10 minutes, 5 miles is suspect for complete failure due to battery life...

Yeah, you wont get it out to 5 miles unless it is a one-way flight or you have access to new battery technology that no-one else has seen :D

kcarter4x4 said:
I saw your video on youtube. I tried to check out the windsurfer that you used. I am not familiar with that. Can you fill me in on that and what it does and how it works? Basically any info that you can provide me would be great. I appreciate your time and help. I am new to all this.
One other question. Which Phantom do you feel gets the best distance. Phantom 2 Vision or Phantom 2 GOPRO?

http://www.freeantennas.com/projects/template2/

Download it, print it out, cut it and stick foil on it. Takes around 15 minutes. ;)

New P2 user here with just about 10 flights on my belt. Thanks for the video.

Still waiting for my FPV with IOSD. Flying by sight every time I was very cautious (and nervous) how far I could go but your video showed I could still confidently go much further. However being not able to frame what my gopro is capturing is really frustrating. Hopeful the FPV will arrive early next week:)

Thanks again for the awesome video. Cheers!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4