2 Controllers for dual operators possible with Phantom 4?

Reaction score
Is it possible to bind my P3 pro controller to my P4 and use both similar to the Inspire?

Thanks

Last edited:
If you link your P3 controller to the P4, it will automatically un-link the other one.....you can only have one controller linked at a time.

Reactions: Skipholiday
No, impossible, and totally unessecery you only have pitch control on the P4.

If you link your P3 controller to the P4, it will automatically un-link the other one.....you can only have one controller linked at a time.
bummer, thanks for the information. I may do it anyway since I have hdmi on the P3.

No, impossible, and totally unessecery you only have pitch control on the P4.
Why unnecessary? Please eXplain. The reason I wanted 2 controllers is for separate camera operator.

As far as I know the only dual controller vehicles DJI offers are the Inspire 1 (all variants) and the Matrice 100 and Matrice 600.

Because you only have control over 1 axis of the camera, that being pitch, the only reason this would be useful on a P4 is if the pilot didn't have index finger, since that's the vast minority of users, DJI decided, and rightfully so, to keep cost down and not add the module and receiver needed in the RC for 2 control streams, after all if that's what you want you would use an Inspire. Which is now only $500 more than a P4 BTW.

Because you only have control over 1 axis of the camera, that being pitch. DJI decided, and rightfully so, to keep cost down and not add the module and receiver needed in the RC for 2 control streams, after all if that's what you want you would use an Inspire. Which is now only $500 more than a P4 BTW.
I considered the Inspire but the short battery life was a deal breaker.

You could always add a battery mod, install a 3rd party gimbal and camera, and hack or install a second lightbridge, but it would cost a lot more than an Inspire lol.

You could always add a battery mod, install a 3rd party gimbal and camera, and hack or install a second lightbridge, but it would cost a lot more than an Inspire lol.
My friend takes photos for realtors and does virtual walking tours of homes. he spent close to 7k on his inspire and still uses his P3 pro more. he said the size and setup time make it more practical for him.

Reactions: Ibmftw
I considered the Inspire but the short battery life was a deal breaker.
Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news but if that's all that was holding you back, it shouldn't of swayed ya, it's very very easy and cheap to get the Inspire in the air for 30+ minutes, but, and don't tell anyone this, I'm a bigger phantom fan than inspire anyway, so much so that after destroying my first P4 I already got another on the way.

Is it possible to bind my P3 pro controller to my P4 and use both similar to the Inspire?
No, but you can bind two Inspire 1 remote controllers to your Phantom.

Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news but if that's all that was holding you back, it shouldn't of swayed ya, it's very very easy and cheap to get the Inspire in the air for 30+ minutes, but, and don't tell anyone this, I'm a bigger phantom fan than inspire anyway.
I love the Phantoms, still have P2 with GoPro4 two Vision pluses, P3 pro and the P4 on the way. Size is great. I like having audio on the P2. Some don't like the prop noise, its never been an issue for me. I hear so much more.

My friend takes photos for realtors and does virtual walking tours of homes. he spent close to 7k on his inspire and still uses his P3 pro more. he said the size and setup time make it more practical for him.
Exactly this.
Vacations, etc.
Also watching 7k fly away or take a swim down to the depths hurts just that little bit more than a Phantom and for some reason drones always end up destroyed around me, probably just bad luck lol

Exactly this.
Vacations, etc.
Also watching 7k fly away or take a swim down to the depths hurts just that little bit more than a Phantom and for some reason drones always end up destroyed around me, probably just bad luck lol
ha, Ive had one near miss (bounced off tree, tumbled and recovered) and one major crash. I was still able to recover with a new shell, new landing gear, props, antennas and compass.

The Inspire 1 remote controller also has built-in GPS.

Really? I thought they were the same minus the hdmi board. Thanks for this information.

Or you could just add a monitor if you have a hdmi board (for yourself) and give the second pilot the device with what ever app you are running on a long usb lead, he can control gimbal pitch, and take photos, record etc whilst you fly with the monitor.

Last edited:
Or you could just add a monitor if you have a hdmi board (for yourself) and give the second pilot the device with what ever app you are running on a long usb lead, he can control gimbal pitch, and take photos, record etc whilst you fly with the monitor.
good idea. Ive been using Litchi. Not sure how it is on the P4 yet. Delivery is Wednesday.

the only difference I see between the P3 controller and the P4 is the transmit power.
P4 FCC: 23 dBm P3 FCC: 20 dBm

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31