2.8.2 firmware test - Read for results

Reaction score
Tested on my sons iPad Air 2

iOS :9.3.2
Dji Go version 2.8.2

And tested my iPad mini 4 which has firmware as follows
iOS :9.3.2
Dji Go version 2.8.1

Test involved leaving phantom 4 in lounge room de propped on coffee table. Took both iPads for a drive around the block each time connected to the RC. Both units stopped receiving signal in exactly the same spot down the road. This test leads me to believe that the 2.8.2 has the same video transmission range as 2.8.1

Not sure what other users are seeing but I can't fault it.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Interference issue blocking the signal. Especially since it occurs in the same spot.

Interference issue blocking the signal. Especially since it occurs in the same spot.

No, I just drove far away enough that it went out of range. I just exceeded its range in built up areas. Will try a flight tomorrow and post findings.

No, I just drove far away enough that it went out of range. I just exceeded its range in built up areas. Will try a flight tomorrow and post findings.
The Phantom series has a reliable video range of up to 3 miles. Driving around the block with trees buildings homes etc, and your Phantom sitting on your coffee table inside your home most certainly will drop video because of all the interference. Take it for a flight & you'll see a considerable difference in video range.

If on the other hand you're expecting an increase in range because of the update? That's NOT going to change.

The trip around the block was,because we have bad weather here. I as just wanting to test the theory that users were reporting short distances with signal failure. I drove about 150meters around the corner. The simple fact that the signal stopped at the same spot just clarifies that each test had the same range regardless of version. If 2.8.2 stopped about 20meters down the road and 2.8.1 went the whole 150meters then the obvious flaw in the versions would be evident. Both versions reached the same range in the limited circumstances thus proving the versions performed the same. I will test fly tomorrow pending weather to confirm aerial range.

I never think range issues can be caused by either firmware or dji go apps. Totally hardware related

I disagree. In every hardware there's always the code layer on top of it, so it does matter. Hardware with out code is just a brick

The Phantom series has a reliable video range of up to 3 miles. Driving around the block with trees buildings homes etc, and your Phantom sitting on your coffee table inside your home most certainly will drop video because of all the interference. Take it for a flight & you'll see a considerable difference in video range.

If on the other hand you're expecting an increase in range because of the update? That's NOT going to change.
I'm at 3.89 as my record flight with clear VLOS, no boosters, just directional antenna

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.