2.7k video question

Reaction score
Big fan of this place. Thank you to the creators.

When I upgraded my PSA firmware I was excited about the 2.7k video. I have an Apple 5k monitor so I was all set with a device capable of viewing it. I don't know if I am doing something wrong but I can't notice any difference in the video quality over 1080p. Actually I think it looks worse. Any thoughts on this and what FPS I should be using for general landscape video footage. I'm not speed racing or doing anything insane. I was hoping the footage would like as amazing as everything else does on my monitor. Cheers.

Big fan of this place. Thank you to the creators.

When I upgraded my PSA firmware I was excited about the 2.7k video. I have an Apple 5k monitor so I was all set with a device capable of viewing it. I don't know if I am doing something wrong but I can't notice any difference in the video quality over 1080p. Actually I think it looks worse. Any thoughts on this and what FPS I should be using for general landscape video footage. I'm not speed racing or doing anything insane. I was hoping the footage would like as amazing as everything else does on my monitor. Cheers.
The fact that your monitor can support that resolution does not mean your GPU can run it smoothly. Try taking a 2.7 video and scaling it down to 1080 and see what happens.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Thanks Corwest. I will try that but I did look up the specs on my GPU and it definitely supports UHD 4K. Honestly it would seem weird to me if it didn't support this level of resolution since I just bought this iMac setup brand new and tried to load with all the bells and whistles I could afford. The graphics card is a AMD Radeon R9 M290X with 2GBs of RAM if that matters. Any thoughts on FPS adjustments on my bird? Are you seeing a noticeable difference in video quality?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1