2.7k Camera on P3A?? Really???

Hey Guys!

don't know if I've said it already, but thanx for all your help. Phantompilots is a godsend for anyone who has Phantom and you guys really know your stuff and what you offer an share is invaluable. :):)

Thanx a million and I look forward to hopefully helping others myself when I get more acquainted with Phantoms

Reactions: arcaine25
Welcome to the forum Big kev,

You're smart to be cautious, but Phantoms are super easy to fly.

Firstly, spend some time learning the settings in the DJI Go App. Connect to your Phantom and do an IMU calibration, gimbal calibration, and the RC sticks. Set your RTH height (it's in Meters) I use at least 60 M. Also check the battery settings (low battery warning, RTH or land).

Take your time learning to fly in a big open area free from distractions, trees, buildings and ferrous metal like fences or reinforced concrete. Pre-flight check: gimbal lock removed, fully charged batteries, SD card, propellers tightened on correct motors.

Start the RC, then the Phantom, then the Go App. in that order.

Calibrate your compass away from anything metal including your tablet, keys, car, ect.

Face the rear of the bird with the camera facing away from you.
Confirm your compass calibrated, and click on camera view. The Phantom will be warming up and getting satellite GPS. When it says ready to fly, push both control sticks completely towards the bottom center position. Release them when the motors start.

Take a deep breath and give the throttle a decisive push up. Get the bird up about 15' high and watch for a steady hover. If it looks good, fly it nearby so you can get used to the controls, and the bird's orientation. Remember, if you let go of the sticks, the bird will stop and hover.

When you land, pick a stable, level surface and slowly reduce the throttle. Slow down the descent as the bird nears the landing area. When the bird touches the ground, pull the throttle all the way down to stop the motors.

Two common questions:

1) Will the motors stop midair if I pull the throttle all the way down? Answer: no, the Phantom must be stable and stopped for three seconds before the motors will stop.

2) Will the motors stop midair if I push both sticks clear to the bottom center position used to start the motors? Answer: yes, this is called CSC and will cause the motors to stop midair. Two sticks in bottom outside corners will also cause the motors to stop. It's only to be used in an emergency.

Go out and enjoy your new P3P!

You know something - postings like yours are a GREAT help. Thank you for taking the time to share your advice.

I for one, certainly need the advice you have posted.

I have to ask this boring question that has been asked MANY times before but you sound a person of up to date tech. We all know that tablets are real rubbish (American : Trash) in sunlight, so, what tablet do you use or recommend as the brightest on the market and is suitable for a P3A? I am after a 7. something,

Thanks

Pete

Last edited:
Reactions: Fplvert
You know something - postings like yours are a GREAT help. Thank you for taking the time to share your advice.

I have to ask this boring question that has been asked MANY times before but you sound a person of up to date tech. We all know that tablets are real rubbish (American : Trash) in sunlight, so, what tablet do you use or recommend as the brightest on the market and is suitable for a P3A? I am after a 7. something,

Thanks

Pete
Hi Pete,
Lots of devices work very well, but all suffer in direct sun.
Tablets and phones that work well with DJI GO

You might try a anti-glare screen protector and a sun shield for whatever device you choose!

hoodivision

The iPad Pro 9.7" is the brightest screen currently available. If you want to stay around 7", the iPad mini 4 is pretty good, too.

Reactions: deltamike
Many thanks once again. A valuable list indeed.

I tend to stay away from Apple products because in the UK they are too expensive which - dare I say it - are at rip off prices, whereas Android devices are the best value and have a very efficient operating system.

After reading on various sites the greatest lux is the Nexus Android, so that's the one I will more than likely choose when I can prise my wallet open with permission from the wife.

I have to say this in case she spots my post !!!:rolleyes:

Thanks for the hood tip too.

Pete

Reactions: Fplvert
The differences between 1080p, 2.7K and 4K aren't noticeble to most because of the hardware they are using. I had to buy a new computer to be able to do any editing. But thank God I did because now everything is perfect. I can only view my stuff in 1080p right now as I am using a 42-imch 1080p Samsung TV for my monitor. But even if I get an Ultra HD TV, there comes a point when our eyes don't notice anymore pixels. So, I'm happy with everything right now. It looks pure.

When people see my stuff on my setup, they are amazed. When they see it on their setup, it isn't as impressive.

Thanks

Pete
Thanx for the great advise I have just had my first flight, was brill

Ian enjoying this at the moment.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    5 MB · Views: 282

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads