2.7k Camera on P3A?? Really???

Reaction score
Hi,

Just noticed your comment on a thread talking about 2.7k video from the hd camera from p3a?

Can anyone please explain how this is possible with just a firmware update? Surely the camera has to be 2.7k and come with the p2a inorder to deliver that quality?

I've been reassessing thanx to the advise of many here of sending bac my p2 for p3s (or p3a if I you can infact get 2.7)?
I have already spent £250 on my p2 and would need to spend that again on to get a decent camera and gimbal.
I have seen a deal for £500 for p3s with extra battery, bag, filters for camera, sd card which I'm thining is a no brainer given I have FVP too.
or
The p3a for £650, extra battery, 2.7 camera (although i didnt thing the 2.7 cameras were interchangable between p3s &p3a? What do you think?

Also how do you guys find the FVP on p3s, i hear quality is rubbish due to wifi? Im not looing at super distance and am wondering how far quad can go before FVP would loss signal?

Thank you inadvanced

Reactions: DETA
The actual camera board is the same in both the P3A and the Pro. The difference is the main gimbal board ( the square shaped enclosure )
the camera on a standard will not work on a P3a.
In my opinion the 2.7 for most people is just fine. I fly both for fun and I don't see that much difference. Of course if u are a professional, u would want the Pro 4k. With the right equipment u can do more with the 4K. I don't have the software or computer power to do anything with it.
If u are doing stills, I don't think there is any difference.
But that is just my opinion. Someone else may tell u different.

Thanx for reply..

But the camera on p3a is not 2.7 is it just Hd. Its only a fireware that makes it 2.7 which I am sceptical about given the fact that how can a hd camera produce 2.7?

Maybe I am not unerstanding your reply :/ If you could touch on this a little more that would be great.

Also can you comment on the wifi and fvp and range as I understand there are signal drop outs?

thanx again

Reactions: ZeusDog
Thanx for reply..

But the camera on p3a is not 2.7 is it just Hd. Its only a fireware that makes it 2.7 which I am sceptical about given the fact that how can a hd camera produce 2.7?

thanx again

The sensor is 2.7k, in the early days it was limited to 1080p, the firmware allowed the 2.7k resolution to be used.

Hi,

Just noticed your comment on a thread talking about 2.7k video from the hd camera from p3a?

Can anyone please explain how this is possible with just a firmware update? Surely the camera has to be 2.7k and come with the p2a inorder to deliver that quality?

I've been reassessing thanx to the advise of many here of sending bac my p2 for p3s (or p3a if I you can infact get 2.7)?
I have already spent £250 on my p2 and would need to spend that again on to get a decent camera and gimbal.
I have seen a deal for £500 for p3s with extra battery, bag, filters for camera, sd card which I'm thining is a no brainer given I have FVP too.
or
The p3a for £650, extra battery, 2.7 camera (although i didnt thing the 2.7 cameras were interchangable between p3s &p3a? What do you think?

Also how do you guys find the FVP on p3s, i hear quality is rubbish due to wifi? Im not looing at super distance and am wondering how far quad can go before FVP would loss signal?

Thank you inadvanced
As I understand, you have a P2 and are interested in upgrading to a P3. Yes, the P3A has 2.7k camera and Lightbridge for video and control, so that would get you good range for FPV. The P3P has 4K camera and Lightbridge.

Be careful when selecting which bird to buy. The P3S now comes with a 4K camera, but it uses wifi for video and control so it has less range out of the box. Many P3S pilots are modding their antennas to get better range.

I hope this helps and welcome to the forum!

Hi can anyone help me I have just acquired a pro,
I have read as much as I can and these things look pretty easy to fly,
However I am so cautious, just don't want to smash the thing,
Are they difficult?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

No not really. Just remember if u get confused or overexcited let go of the sticks and it will stop and hover where it is. When u try it out just fly in an open area and practice flying. Take it straight up but not out of sight. Then do some squares. Take it out and go left left and left doing a reasonable square. Get use to the controls before going to far. I would keep it in a football size area with no trees to worry about. Stay away from building, trees and people. Don't let people try to talk to u as u will get confused. focus on what u are doing. After a week u will get the hang of the controls.

Reactions: thousandyard
Hi can anyone help me I have just acquired a pro,
I have read as much as I can and these things look pretty easy to fly,
However I am so cautious, just don't want to smash the thing,
Are they difficult?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Welcome to the forum Big kev,

You're smart to be cautious, but Phantoms are super easy to fly.

Firstly, spend some time learning the settings in the DJI Go App. Connect to your Phantom and do an IMU calibration, gimbal calibration, and the RC sticks. Set your RTH height (it's in Meters) I use at least 60 M. Also check the battery settings (low battery warning, RTH or land).

Take your time learning to fly in a big open area free from distractions, trees, buildings and ferrous metal like fences or reinforced concrete. Pre-flight check: gimbal lock removed, fully charged batteries, SD card, propellers tightened on correct motors.

Start the RC, then the Phantom, then the Go App. in that order.

Calibrate your compass away from anything metal including your tablet, keys, car, ect.

Face the rear of the bird with the camera facing away from you.
Confirm your compass calibrated, and click on camera view. The Phantom will be warming up and getting satellite GPS. When it says ready to fly, push both control sticks completely towards the bottom center position. Release them when the motors start.

Take a deep breath and give the throttle a decisive push up. Get the bird up about 15' high and watch for a steady hover. If it looks good, fly it nearby so you can get used to the controls, and the bird's orientation. Remember, if you let go of the sticks, the bird will stop and hover.

When you land, pick a stable, level surface and slowly reduce the throttle. Slow down the descent as the bird nears the landing area. When the bird touches the ground, pull the throttle all the way down to stop the motors.

Two common questions:

1) Will the motors stop midair if I pull the throttle all the way down? Answer: no, the Phantom must be stable and stopped for three seconds before the motors will stop.

2) Will the motors stop midair if I push both sticks clear to the bottom center position used to start the motors? Answer: yes, this is called CSC and will cause the motors to stop midair. Two sticks in bottom outside corners will also cause the motors to stop. It's only to be used in an emergency.

Go out and enjoy your new P3P!

Reactions: deltamike
So the p2a actually has a 2.7 camera not just Hd with the help of a firmware upgrade for 2.7 capability?

Also, could you tell me, with the p3s and p3a, can I still control filming without a tablet (fpv) to start and stop filming. Is there a button on actually camera which I can press to start an stop filming?

PM sent.

Reactions: JJMMLL
Thanx for reply..

Maybe I am not unerstanding your reply :/ If you could touch on this a little more that would be great.

Also can you comment on the wifi and fvp and range as I understand there are signal drop outs?

thanx again

How do you think it takes 12Mp stills?
The sensor is more than capable of 2.7k

Both the Pro and Advanced have the exact same Sony sensor the difference is the image processing found in the board in the square part of the gimbal either the sd card. In theory you can swap that board, add the fan and update the firmware on an advanced and it will be a 4K pro then. Others have swapped out the entire gimbal and camera for the Pro 4K version. It seems that the advanced is pretty much a slight hardware crippled version of the Pro. Also when they were released the Advanced was only Full HD and the Pro was 4K only for marketing, which it was obviously the Advanced could do higher resolution.

Reactions: Fplvert and JJMMLL
I have taken the sony senor out of a 2.7 and used it on a 4k. They are the same as i previously said. The big difference is the processor.

Big Kev, please don't post new discussions in threads about other subjects. If you want to start a new conversation, start a new thread. Ask how if you're not sure. (I'm not a moderator, just someone who as confused when your post came out of left field in this thread titled "2.7k Camera on P3A??").
... Also, could you tell me, with the p3s and p3a, can I still control filming without a tablet (fpv) to start and stop filming. Is there a button on actually camera which I can press to start an stop filming?

Wait, are you saying that you are flying with the remote, but with no device in the cradle, no FPV at all, no Go app? You're flying just by your eyeballs?

But in direct answer to your question, but videos and still photos are done via buttons on the remote, so I suppose that theoretically, you could take stills and videos without FPV.

It's most definitely 2.7k, as others stated the sensor was always capable, just limited by firmware. I love my P3A, and wouldn't trade for anything. But, I don't use it for fpv, so I cannot answer that unfortunately.

Last edited:
Anyone know if you do swap the logic board to bring up the camera to 4K if the downlink bit rate also matches that of the Pro?

It is my opinion that it does. I have swapped camera boards many times. I repair both those cameras and have swapped the gimbal main board on many occasions. The birds are identical.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers