2.4ghz internal grey gimbal wire broke

Reaction score
I had a hard landing with the standard and ripped out those same wires and the grey antenna wire... I replace all 8 of the wires and the gray wires metal cap was also torn off...I tried to put the cap on the grey wire and put everything back together...I powered up and gimbal worked perfect but the half my telementry is gone from the App...I dont show battery power or ability to fly with app..I am taking that as I didnt fix the end of the grey wire to spec and no info is getting from that flat antenna in the standard to my cell phone. anyone every had this also happen

I have the same problem. I'm waiting for a replacement of the 8 wires. I was hoping that I could put the gold connectors on the black and grey wires, but now am unsure if it will work.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: ThePhoton
I just ordered the part, because I'm guessing that prying the wires into the gold connectors is not gonna work.

I just ordered the part, because I'm guessing that prying the wires into the gold connectors is not gonna work.

Does anyone know if those black and grey wires for the gimbal can be spliced together...or are they fiber optic

Arriving on Friday?

I am hoping these grey and black wires are not fiber optic or I am screwed.. I will have to open the bird up and maybe have to do some soldering

I don't think you have to solder. Just replace the cables and connect. That's what I'm hoping at least.

I don't think you have to solder. Just replace the cables and connect. That's what I'm hoping at least.

I watched a You tube of a guy taking a standard apart... all the wifi antenna for those grey and black wires are in the battery bay which you will need to take off the mother board to replace those two antenaa...I really just need to replace that little copper tip of the grey wire but I cant reseal that wire to it.... so I am screwed and will have to replace the antenna

1cc9d603d1ab10d4216b9ec4d3aa9c6d.jpg

This is what it looks like from the top, and I'm not seeing the black and grey wires. Looks like I'm going to Home Depot to buy a solder iron.

What sucks is that I had a gimbal guard which would have prevented this problem. I took the guard off , because it was jerking the phantom too much to the point where the videos were unwatchable.

1cc9d603d1ab10d4216b9ec4d3aa9c6d.jpg

This is what it looks like from the top, and I'm not seeing the black and grey wires. Looks like I'm going to Home Depot to buy a solder iron.

check out this about 11.30 in to video
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Still don't see how you have to re-solder. The wifi pads are already connected to the gold connectors, and you simply just have to push them onto the board.

Unless you broke something off the board

Last edited:
The only thing that is not working for me is the wifi telemetry from the gray wire which wont let me use the DJI app....I will have to replace that antenna and wire and to get there I will have to take off the motherboard to get underneath to the battery bay....I might not need to solder but I might have to unsolder something.

I'm pretty sure it's just covered with silicone

I myself, am seriously considering getting a phantom 3 pro used if I can find the right price

I had the same issue with my antenna wires. Once the tips are damaged, you have to replace the wires. Soldering will not repair the cable. It's better to spend the $18 on a new set than to have a fly away.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers