2.4ghz and 5.8ghz

Reaction score
I’ve been reading up about some mods for my P3S. Some say that I can replace the antennas with the P3P. Some say that the p4 antennas are both 2.4 and 5.8ghz together. I’m only asking so I can change all 4 antennas all in one shot. I know for sure I could use the 2.4ghz antennas from the p3p for the video stream. Just trying to figure out what to do for the 5.8ghz AC control. Thank you in advance for any help.

I did the P3P antenna mod for video - quite simple just take your time, follow the instructions . 5.8 antenna change would require opening the bird.
For the 5.8 control I bought a 'windsurfer' parabolic reflector.
Just flew a 2000 metre test flight with good video feed all the way - but a video transmission weak warning after 1200 metres and intermittent before.
Control signal was still full bars all the way out so could have gone further.
Flight in rural area without interference.
Far enough for my purposes until I upgrade.

Yes, I also got the windsurfer but it hasn’t came in yet. Can you tell a big difference with the windsurfer? And I’m looking for someone with 2 extra p3p antennas since 4 come in a kit.

I just heard that the p4 has both 2.4 and 5.8 in the same antenna. I bought mine used with no camera and before I fixed it I cracked open the case just to check it out. Now my p3s looks brand new. And you just simply zip tied the p3p antennas onto the left rear and right front? I’ve read some people use the right rear over the compass then after a calibration of the compass it should be fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart