2.4G DATA LINK protocol - android implementation

Reaction score
I received my DJI 2.4G DATA LINK and i can use it with the PC ground station.
I have Ipad2 but it doesn't support the Bluetooth 4.0, for this reason i can't use the DATA LINK with my ipad.
I have android phone but i don't know of any app using the DATA LINK, i suppose they actually do not exist.
With the DJI 2.4G DATA LINK it is potentially possible to realize functions like the FOLLOW ME because it is a bidirectional communication channel between air and ground.
I am a programmer and i can develop apps also for apple ios, Google android, Microsoft Windows.

Anyone knows how to decode data exchanged on USB port by the DATA LINK?
The usb port is seen by the PC as a virtual serial port (you can find it under devices manager).

If we obtain the protocol, we can develop our custom apps.

I didn't found it on DJI developer section.

Could you share any info about this?

Would a connection to fly via BT be strong enough to use? I lose connection to my BT speaker at about 25 feet. Or did you have other ideas for it. Also, I use my iPad with Ground Station, did they change something?

what are you talking about? the normal Bluetooth is used between the ipad and the ground "data link" device, while an amplified signal (up to 3km distance) is used for the communication between air and ground "data link".

Maybe we are talking about 2 different things... the GS I use has a 1100' to a 6500' max range.
Mine does not keep a connection that far in my experience. Maybe my antennas need better placement.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl