2.4G data link not functioning

Reaction score
Disclaimer: I know that my Phantom 2 firmware is not ready yet for data link or ground station. I am just trying to get everything installed and ready for when the P2 firmware upgrade is released and Ground Station enabled for the P2.

I have installed the 2.4G data link assistant on both my Win7 desktop and Win8 laptop. And by way of background I have been able to connect with every other DJI piece of software and hardware for both my P2 and P2V on both of these computers. Drivers and software should not be my issue.

Problem 1: DJI 2.4G data link assistant software does not "see" the hardware attached. I get my USB connection beep when attaching the ground end to USB, but I never see any hardware/software version information in the assistant software.

Problem 2: With my ground end powered up and the BTU attached as well as the air end plugged into the canbus on my mini iOSD (or into the canbus hub as another test) I CANNOT see the Bluetooth module from my iPad or from any other Bluetooth discovery device. Everything is connected correctly and powered on. I am hoping there may be some configuration information that needs to be set and perhaps this this related to problem 1 above?

Any help appreciated!

Won't work until the firmware update. Nothing wrong with your gear. Just wait until the update and it will work.

Thanks for the quick reply KSC. I understand what you say, and again know that the Phantom 2 is not ready to be communicated with until the firmware upgrade.

But others are using this exact same HW and SW config with S800's now. The 2.4G data link assistant software should be able to see the ground end to upgrade the firmware and control settings now as people do with the S800's. And my iPad should be able to see the ground end BTU now as well.

If I had an S800 I would be doing the same exact thing on the ground end and that is supported today.

So please understand why I push back here.

Thanks.

believe me i agree with you but it will not work until firmware is released from dji. i tried everything to get it to find my iPad but would not do it. connect it to my disco pro and finds iPad right away. so no matter how hard you try it will not connect.

Still does not make sense guys. The assistant software should still be able to talk to ground end of the 2.4G data link today to update software and change settings. And the iPad should still be able to connect to the Bluetooth module. I would be doing the same thing if I had an S800 EVO sitting here. Ground Station and the 2.4G data link have been functioning in other DJI environments for several months. A firmware upgrade to the internals of the Phantom 2 to enable the air end to connect to the P2 has no bearing on how the ground end works today.

When you refer to the Phantom 2, do you mean the Vision ?

it's my understanding that the Naza-v2 which comes in the later Phantoms works out the box (with Ver4.xx firmware) and gives 16 waypoints... ?

I understand that it doesn't make sense but it is what it is. I have the ground station. I've had it since it came out. It works flawlessly on my 450. When I connect it to my phantom 2, the BTU unit just has a red light and my iPad doesn't see it. I then connect it back to the 450 and it works. I connect the BTU directly to the phantom 2 and get the red light. I connect it directly to the Naza on the 450 and the light is green. I can see how this seems to not make sense but you have two option: you can return the ground station or you can just wait until it works (which should be within a few weeks). Or you can buys 450 and fly it with that. If you want to do that, I'll sell you my 450.

marcus_canada said:
it's my understanding that the Naza-v2 which comes in the later Phantoms works out the box (with Ver4.xx firmware) and gives 16 waypoints... ?

That's my understanding as well. I know NAZA ground station functionality is limited to 16 waypoints, I'm just not sure if it's exclusive to v2 NAZA's or if the original ones can do it as well. I have the 2.4Ghz Data Link for my F550 and plan to test it on my original (1.2) Phantom...eventually.

However, I do believe it's been locked down in the NAZA's in the P2/P2V

Ksc said:
I understand that it doesn't make sense but it is what it is. I have the ground station. I've had it since it came out. It works flawlessly on my 450. When I connect it to my phantom 2, the BTU unit just has a red light and my iPad doesn't see it. I then connect it back to the 450 and it works. I connect the BTU directly to the phantom 2 and get the red light. I connect it directly to the Naza on the 450 and the light is green. I can see how this seems to not make sense but you have two option: you can return the ground station or you can just wait until it works (which should be within a few weeks). Or you can buys 450 and fly it with that. If you want to do that, I'll sell you my 450.

Thanks again Ksc. That is the detail I was hoping someone would share. I will assume for now, that the air side somehow enables the ground side once a valid connection is made to the P2 (which won't happen until the firmware update). Defies logic but then so do a lot of things in this world! I appreciate you sharing your different results with your P2 vs. 450. Hopefully this will help others be more patient than I.

OI Photography said:
marcus_canada said:

That's my understanding as well. I know NAZA ground station functionality is limited to 16 waypoints, I'm just not sure if it's exclusive to v2 NAZA's or if the original ones can do it as well. I have the 2.4Ghz Data Link for my F550 and plan to test it on my original (1.2) Phantom...eventually.

However, I do believe it's been locked down in the NAZA's in the P2/P2V

I can hook the GS to the Naza-V1 I have in a couple of birds. :)

Has anyone figured this out yet? I have a P2 with the 2.4G Datalink and all that I get is a solid red light on the BTU. I have updated the firmware as suggested and spent hours with Aerial Media pros tech support and am still dead in the water. Very pissed off too! Now they want me to ship my entire rig back to them for testing: P2, datalink - EVERYTHING! And at my expense too! I just spent $3,000 for a system that doesn't work and they expect me to pay to ship it back to California on my dime! Right!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers