2.4 GHZ dipoles installation. Need help

Reaction score
Hi guys
I just received 2.4 ghz dipoles and am looking for an instructional video that shows me how to install them on a Phantom 2 vision plus. I saw something on this forum(I think) a while ago but can't seem to find it again. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Not sure just what your wanting Dave . here's a thread where some placed theirs FPVLR dipoles absolutely AMAZING | Page 4 | DJI Phantom Forum and if your looking for a How to on just doing the mod on the inside then just look in you tube
and there's several .
I use the hanger's from Tony but I don't like drilling holes in my skids .

Thanks dirk. I thought I saw the "how to" in this forum somewhere but I just found one on YouTube. I'll do the mod tonight and hopefully go for a buzz tomorrow.

Hi Dirk
This is what the new dipoles installed look like. I hope I have orientated them properly. It was super windy today so I only flew for a few minutes. I noticed a week ago I bought a samsung tablet and downloaded litchi. The fpv was locking up and freezing a lot especially on high settings. This rarely happened with the vision app on my iphone. I was hoping the dipoles would fix that but since i couldnt do a proper test today I couldn't be sure. I do know that when I flew directly above me the screen froze again with the litchi app. What could be causing that?

For some reason they seem to be upside down.

Attachments

• 1446362787972.jpg
    1446362787972.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 579
  • 1446362816406.jpg
    1446362816406.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 619
  • 1446362829748.jpg
    1446362829748.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 554
I hadn't installed mine yet but flying straight above you is not a good way to test anything . Take it off a little .
The higher your settings the lower your distance is gonna be .
I will be calling Tony Monday morning and asking him to explain some things about these on the way I am going to mount mine .
That app you are using I have no idea's about it . Have never looked at it .

I have the "Bazooka"dipoles also and TONY told me that they should run parallel to the ground. I found some hollow elbow thingies that attach to the antenna cable and bend it to a smooth 90 degree angle , I have yet to install mine . Will be waiting to hear how they work for you. Good luck with the install.

Get those dipoles more vertical Davo! Check those photos i posted in your last post about itelite/dipoles. Some 3 party apps r great for theyre features but with upgrade antennas likr these the booster apps hurt my distance and i stick to the vision app on highest setting

exactly why I got the antenna elbows off of ebay , but I believe he is out of them check harvdog42 or search antenna elbow on ebay ,maybe he can get more ? The clamp on the coax cable so the antenna will be parallel with the skid

Thanks dirtybum. I adjusted the dipoles to mimic yours but have had conflicting info watching threads saying keep them more " parallel with the ground". Does that mean keeping the top of the T section parallel to the ground or the main stalk parallel to the ground? I haven't had the chance to really test them yet as the weather in Sydney has been terrible for a couple of weeks.

That's what TONY told me ,Keep them parallel to the skids or ground.. I for one don't like the way they just dangle down .

Placing them how i have them in post #11 is how i understood it from the posts fpvlr has made. With that placement i can go 14-16000 ft at full preview setting every time, only turning around because of bat %

Reactions: Richard J

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4