2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz boosting concerns

Reaction score
I've heard various concerns about boosting so I'm wondering what is actually factual. For example, does it really affect your health? I know its close to microwave frequency, but will you really be microwaving your insides? Also, will the interfearance really cause troubles outside of possibly knocking out someone's WiFi? I'm curious what everyone thinks on this matter and if boosting can be detrimental to health and others lives.

I haven't used an amplifier for RC applications but if I were my concerns would be about how linear it was when you take into consideration that it will most likely be powered from a battery with a reducing voltage. How linear it is will determine how clean the output is and how likely the circuit would go into unwanted oscillation. If you are wanting to increase range it is more cost effective to investigate antenna improvements.

As for health concerns the majority of control links are frequency hopping and run at less than 100% duty cycle. Analog video is constant carrier but if your video transmitter was so close to your head as to cause tissue damage through RF exposure it would be the least of your problems ;)

Regards

Nidge

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4