2 3S batteries in series

Reaction score
Could you put 2 3S 5100 35C lipos in series to create a 6S battery? I think you would wind up having a 6S 5100 35C if you did that. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Elwood58 said:
I think wrong. You would need them to be in Parallel, otherwise you double the voltage.

I want to double the voltage as I am wondering if 2 3S batteries in series would power the DJI E600 motors. I probably should have said that in the first post.

I run 2 3s 5200mah in series to make a virtual 6s 5200mah pack, and I run that on an e600 hex.

The power draw is exceptionally uniform between cells. Normally on 3s I end with a 0.01-0.04v difference between cells. As a 6s pack I end with 0.01v between all 6 cells.

ElGuano said:
I run 2 3s 5200mah in series to make a virtual 6s 5200mah pack, and I run that on an e600 hex.

The power draw is exceptionally uniform between cells. Normally on 3s I end with a 0.01-0.04v difference between cells. As a 6s pack I end with 0.01v between all 6 cells.

WOW! Thanks for that, I am considering getting some E600 motors and might put them on one of my 3 FW 450's. I have a storage issue as I live in a small space and moving and storing the 550 is proving to be challenging.

The 550 is indeed a pain to move, especially with the extended arms. That's why I went for the folding props, at least they're out of the way when on the ground.

ElGuano said:
The 550 is indeed a pain to move, especially with the extended arms. That's why I went for the folding props, at least they're out of the way when on the ground.

With your extended arms and folded props you are about as big if not a bit wider than a stock 550?

jimandsue60 said:
ElGuano said:

With your extended arms and folded props you are about as big if not a bit wider than a stock 550?

Yeah, just about as big as a stock, minus props. The arms are each 5cm longer each, but with a Y6 no two arms have full extension away from each other like on a flat.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4