2-3 minutes flight time :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi
I'm new in DJI world.
I got phantom 1 with gimbal and Gopro
I have 4 different Battery. All of them new and charge.
My problem is the flight time. Between 2-4 minutes. Nothing crazy. Simple flights.
What am I doing wrong?
The Battery are 3 cell. Some 2200mhp ans some 2700mhp.
An suggestion.?
I should get between 8-10 minutes and I get much less.
Please advise.
Thanks Meir

Go into assistant software and see where your 1st and 2nd battery warning levels are set.

please see the print screen
2pqqdfa.jpg

what is the protection switch made for? is it recomenend to put it on OFF?

Not enough information to go on yet. Just a wild guess I would say you are flying a very heavy bird. Is there a chance you could weigh your bird? What is the voltage of your battery before your flight? What is the voltage after? What is the voltage 5 minutes after? Is there a chance you could fly your Phantom without the gimbal and GoPro to see if there is a difference in your flight time? Are you landing on the first warning signal?

Was that screenshot taken with a half-used battery? Your voltages look fine, but it's possible you have to hit the "calibration" button.

Fully charge a battery, check the voltage if you can, and then attach it to the Phantom, start Assistant, and calibrate the current voltage to 12.55 or 12.6v.

The protection switch turns the low voltage alarm off and on.

With a gimbal and gopro you should get between 6-8 minutes with a 2200, and a bit more with 2700.

Fly for those 2-3 minutes. Land. Feel the bell housings on the motors. If one is very warm compared to the rest, replace that motor. I had a motor with bad windings and had similar flight time issues that were fixed by replacing the motor.

I would also be worried about the battery discharging too quickly... Make sure to feel how hot the battery is after your flight... If it is really hot obviously don't charge it right away, let it cool... But if it is really hot then that would definitely cause some concern... You don't want that thing failing and catching fire...

fastbullitt said:
Hi
I'm new in DJI world.
I got phantom 1 with gimbal and Gopro
I have 4 different Battery. All of them new and charge.
My problem is the flight time. Between 2-4 minutes. Nothing crazy. Simple flights.
What am I doing wrong?
The Battery are 3 cell. Some 2200mhp ans some 2700mhp.
An suggestion.?
I should get between 8-10 minutes and I get much less.
Please advise.
Thanks Meir

What kind of gimabal do you have and what kind of FPV Tx do you have? 2-4 minutes for the original Phantom is about right when all the extra weight. The flight time was the same for me with my original P1 and all the extra weight before first battery warning starts blinking red.

Also, where are you flying? Colder climates will kill the battery much faster.

hello everybody, and thank you for your support.
few answers:
1. I'm flying in MIA. very hot weather.
2. i think the Phanthon don't use the battary right. when i charge the battary, each cell have between 4.15-4.19V, which is great. after one minute of flying it drops to 3.85-3.9V. meaning, i'm using less then 50% of the battary.
3. the gimbel i have is "Feiyu Tech G3 2-Axis Brushless". accourding to the shop they use it withthe same setup i have for 8-9 minutes.
I get between one-two minute max. something wrong.

yesterday i took the Phanthon for a flight. it was very bad.

After takeoff, the Phantom do not hover, and immediately take independent course. (Yes I checked and even calibrate the compass. all lights were green).

It was very dangerous as it fly heading to people. The last minute I switched off the remote and then the Phantom start to fly back. But, when the phantom returned and was above the landing area, instead of landing it just stop in the air, and then continue flying to a different location and crashed into the trees (??!!!).
This flight took maybe 45 seconds. I almost did nothing (and it was on full battery). From landing to crash, the Phantom showed empty battery (red light).
I don’t know what is going on here but apparently, I’m not enjoying the Phantom. In fact I become negative and depressed after spending all this money on it.

Any suggestion?

Ya it sound like you have problem. It looks like it could be electrical, but first try to balance your props to see they are the problem. Spin each of your motors to see if they feel and sound about the same. Then is there a chance you could remove and do you feel comfortable about fly without your gimbal (178 grams) and GoPro (75 grams)? If you do try to fly it again after the flight does one motor feel hotter that the others?

I am not recommending you fly it again from description you posted. I am thinking you are 1. over weight. 2. prop or props out of balance. 3. motor or esc problem. 4. something is shorting out inside your Phantom. Maybe a lose or broken wire.

in line ..

Ya it sound like you have problem. It looks like it could be electrical, but first try to balance your props to see they are the problem. Spin each of your motors to see if they feel and sound about the same. they sound and feel ok. Then is there a chance you could remove and do you feel comfortable about fly without your gimbal (178 grams) and GoPro (75 grams)? i did that. the crash i reported was flying without the gimber and the GoPro. i imagine that anouther crash and i will say bye bye to the GoPro... If you do try to fly it again after the flight does one motor feel hotter that the others? no. all motors are not hot.

I am not recommending you fly it again from description you posted. I am thinking you are 1. over weight. problem exist even without the GoPro/Gimbel 2. prop or props out of balance. they seems ok. i got the protection installed on the Phanthom 3. motor or esc problem. 4. something is shorting out inside your Phantom. Maybe a lose or broken wire.

Looks like its time to contact your dealer. If it was mine I would open it up and start troubleshooting the problem of course I am one who likes to see what makes it tick anyway. Its part of the fun of this hobby.

yes.
you know, i spent a bit more then 1600$ on everything (Phantom, Fat Shark, Gimbel, GoPro) and the most important thing for me is the prop guards on. if not them the Phantom would not survive..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20