2.2 mile flight no amps and only 2 antennas upgraded

Reaction score
Hi

Pretty chuffed with my first day flying after adding the horizon antennas to the UAV. I went out to 11650 feet or 2.2 miles, and I only installed 1 x 2.4 and 1 x 5.8 antenna on the the UAV.

The flight data and video are here:

http://www.flytrex.com/huw.edwards.106/

Looking forward to some longer flights...

GM

Nice job! That country side is beautiful! Also, your house on side of the mountain is picturesque.

Very nice!!!

You have the ideal kind of place to fly long distance too. Open country with little to no RF noise. I didn't even see a power line anywhere out there.

I stopped in Ireland for a few hours when I was in the USAF. Unfortunately, I didn't get to do anything while I was there but I can recall how beautiful the countryside was just flying over it.

Hi

You would think there would be no RF interference but wrong, theres quite a bit.

In very rural areas of Co.Kerry the preferred way to get internet access is by 5.8 Ghz wireless (theres a big antenna on one of the mountains). There are about 400 users of the service in the county and there are 5.8 beams of RF everywhere.

But it is a great place to fly, and great for long range although I am running out of room now, theres mountains in the way.

GM

Goldmagnet said:
Hi

Pretty chuffed with my first day flying after adding the horizon antennas to the UAV. I went out to 11650 feet or 2.2 miles, and I only installed 1 x 2.4 and 1 x 5.8 antenna on the the UAV.

What antennas did you install? Any vid?

Goldmagnet said:
Hi

The flight data and video are here:

http://www.flytrex.com/huw.edwards.106/

Looking forward to some longer flights...

GM
What were u getting before u did anything to the bird?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl