2.1 Mile/4.2 Round Trip GS Flight Today

Very nice.

How accurately did the ground station estimate the flight time? Looks like you had a tail wind on the way there and headwind on the way back. What did you set your max speed to?

Fdnyfish said:
I did grab control just as it was completing the flight. Not sure why it does a spinning dance once it gets to a waypoint

Guess it has to be something in the software , DJI need to polish these things out.

I did see the tali this week and the autonomous flight was perfect , even he did a 360 turn with the tali pointing at the middle (great for videography)

So hope that DJI will do it aswel.

Fdnyfish said:
Not sure why it does a spinning dance once it gets to a waypoint

You can select turn type at each way point. It defaults to stop, spin around, hover for 3 seconds, change it to adaptive bank, or bank turn to remove this stopping at each way point. You can also set the direction that Phantom is pointing at/between each way point (In the PC version anyway, I can't remember if you can in the iPad version), it's just not very intuitive as its a value between 0-360 being a degree of rotation, not sure what the value is in relation to yet, I'm assuming the forward flight direction.

Norangat said:
Fdnyfish said:
I did grab control just as it was completing the flight. Not sure why it does a spinning dance once it gets to a waypoint

Guess it has to be something in the software , DJI need to polish these things out.

I did see the tali this week and the autonomous flight was perfect , even he did a 360 turn with the tali pointing at the middle (great for videography)

So hope that DJI will do it aswel.

DJI has done this very thing, but you need a different flight controller which does not fit in the Phantom. I would imagine the Phantom 3 will come with this feature and much more.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.