1st week with P3S

I don't think it's true that there's a height limit of 400ft. The GO app does default to maximum altitude as 120m, but you can change that to Max of 500m. Am I right?

I believe so, I haven't actually tried it but when I reach the pre-set limit, the magic speaking lady tells me to change the altitude limit in the app if required.

I don't think it's true that there's a height limit of 400ft. The GO app does default to maximum altitude as 120m, but you can change that to Max of 500m. Am I right?

Sorry, but your wrong, your confusing the Phantom 2 and the Phantom 3. You don't use the GO app to fly the Phantom 2. I am not talking about the Phantom 2 Vision, which came out after the Phantom 2 came out. Flying the Phantom 2 is a whole different bird because you have to use the Assistant Software to upgrade the firmware and such. Like I wrote before, look on YouTube for DJI Phantom 2 video's. There was one called Flying in the Clouds and it ended up crashing because on the way down from over a thousand feet he ran out of power.

The Phantom 2 is flown with a GoPro Hero 3 and when they updated the Gimbal, you could the Hero 4. If you want FPV, you had to use the Black Pearl video monitor which I still use for my P2 H3-3D, FPV, or for short a P2. The P2 had a bunch of problems early on with calibration of the IMU. I had several short fly aways but learned after awhile that when you took off with the P2 you had better make sure that when it first took off and you hovered, it did not drift in any direction. The P2's were and still fly with only 6 or 7 satellites but if you modified the inside of the case, you could get 10 to 12 sometimes.

So, all in all, if you really want to go higher than a kite, then find a Phantom 2, H3-3D, FPV. Thankfully, this model does have return to home. Hope this helps you understand the difference between a Phantom 2 and Phantom 3.

Reactions: dirkclod
Sorry, but your wrong, your confusing the Phantom 2 and the Phantom 3. You don't use the GO app to fly the Phantom 2. I am not talking about the Phantom 2 Vision, which came out after the Phantom 2 came out. Flying the Phantom 2 is a whole different bird because you have to use the Assistant Software to upgrade the firmware and such. Like I wrote before, look on YouTube for DJI Phantom 2 video's. There was one called Flying in the Clouds and it ended up crashing because on the way down from over a thousand feet he ran out of power.

The Phantom 2 is flown with a GoPro Hero 3 and when they updated the Gimbal, you could the Hero 4. If you want FPV, you had to use the Black Pearl video monitor which I still use for my P2 H3-3D, FPV, or for short a P2. The P2 had a bunch of problems early on with calibration of the IMU. I had several short fly aways but learned after awhile that when you took off with the P2 you had better make sure that when it first took off and you hovered, it did not drift in any direction. The P2's were and still fly with only 6 or 7 satellites but if you modified the inside of the case, you could get 10 to 12 sometimes.

So, all in all, if you really want to go higher than a kite, then find a Phantom 2, H3-3D, FPV. Thankfully, this model does have return to home. Hope this helps you understand the difference between a Phantom 2 and Phantom 3.
I don't think I'm wrong. I guess I'm going to have to prove it by flying above 400 ft. I think I'll fly to about 600 ft. I don't think the FAA would mind.This section is for P3 why are you even mentioning P2?

I don't think I'm wrong. I guess I'm going to have to prove it by flying above 400 ft. I think I'll fly to about 600 ft. I don't think the FAA would mind.This section is for P3 why are you even mentioning P2?
You are absolutely right, the maximum altitude limit for the P3S is 500m.
IMG_0007.jpg

Regardless if I am right or wrong, please be careful where ever you fly at extreme distance and just fly SAFE, regardless. Being a bit older I have to admit I get **** confused and for that I must apologize so take take and fly safe, away from people. Would love to see a really awesome video from you in the future flying above the clouds and such.

You are absolutely right, the maximum altitude limit for the P3S is 500m.
IMG_0007.jpg

Thanks for the back up on this conversation, I was pretty sure the height limit was set at 500 Meters, even though I misquoted it as 400 meters when it comes to the P3, but I am sure that the P2 can fly high as you want, if you can still find them in their original configuration from DJI, which mine still has. ONe of these days I will post a P2 video and fly as high as I can just to prove how high it can fly. But my original investment with the P2 with everything including case was over 2 grand in Dec of 14, makes me leery of wanting to fly extremely high and maybe crashing. Just wait and see.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31