1st Video Edit - Ft. Lauderdale & Key West

Reaction score
Still new to the quad-copter world. Ive had my Phantom 2 for about a month now. I stitched together some scenes from Fort Lauderdale & Key West. If anyone has any constructive feedback, please let me know!

http://vimeo.com/92896191

BTW this nothing to do with your video per say but interesting to note how the law differs with you and from here in the UK. If thIs was filmed in the UK it actually would be illegal and we probably would be prosecuted! Here our CAA disallow flying over what they call conjested area (and within 150 metres distance), over gatherings of more than 1000 (just guessing the number in the video), taking off within 30 metre of people and flying within 50 metres of any person. There you go!

Just in case I get flamed, this is just comment on the restrictions here, not a criticism of the video!

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

Thats not the case in the US. Ive been to several music festivals recently where people sent their phantoms up to get some cool concert footage. Crowds in the thousands, and everyone turned from the stage to look and wave at the phantoms.

Re: 1st Video Edit - Ft. Lauderdale & Key West

andresjohn said:
Thats not the case in the US. Ive been to several music festivals recently where people sent their phantoms up to get some cool concert footage. Crowds in the thousands, and everyone turned from the stage to look and wave at the phantoms.
I know...I envy your freedom! We not allowed to fly at night either.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8

hey mate, that's precisely why the colonists broke away!

But I sometimes wonder, what exactly has changed?

BTW, that is a nice video.

IrishSights said:
BTW this nothing to do with your video per say but interesting to note how the law differs with you and from here in the UK. If thIs was filmed in the UK it actually would be illegal and we probably would be prosecuted! Here our CAA disallow flying over what they call conjested area (and within 150 metres distance), over gatherings of more than 1000 (just guessing the number in the video), taking off within 30 metre of people and flying within 50 metres of any person. There you go!

Just in case I get flamed, this is just comment on the restrictions here, not a criticism of the video!

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

It may be frowned up by some but as far as i know, i didn't break any laws. In Fort Lauderdale, a police boat pulled up next to me after noticing that i was piloting the craft. He was really cool about it, asked some questions & wrote down the model name & prices. In Key West, there was a security guard & a Fish & Wildlife officer that stopped by to ask some questions as well. If they had even hinted that i wasn't allowed to fly in those areas, i would've stopped immediately. I believe its only illegal if its for commercial purposes, ie. if i was contracted by someone to produce photos/videos & there was an exchange of money between 2 parties for said services…

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20