1st Post - My Rig and Video Sample

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

First off, thanks for the insight you all unknowingly provided while I was researching the Phantom. It was invaluable and as I learn more, I hope to be a resource for others as well.

Got my Phantom about a week and a half ago, and now have about 6-8 flights on it. So far, so good, only a couple small crashes... :lol: I have a little R/C Plane experience from years ago, so the learning curve hasn't been as steep for me as some I'm sure, but I can't get over how easy it is as long as you take your time and move slow.

So, after research here and on the phantomguide.com I have come to a rig that works well, and video is non-issue for me now with Jello and Vibration. First off, I balanced my props with the DuBro balancer. Easy, took a half hour to do all 6. Next I got the TPPacks Isolation Mount for the Phantom. Not cheap, but worth it. Mine didn't come with the standoffs needed to connect to the landing gear bolts, but Home Depot had 1/2" ones, that worked just fine. The people at TPPacks.com were very apologetic and understanding and gave me a partial refund for the oversight. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE, even on Sunday, my email was replied to in a matter of hours.

So, I have the GoPro 3-Black attached to the TPPacks Phantom Isolation Mount, everything else is stock. Here is a clip from a flight this morning at my office. This is just a straight trimmed clip, not enhancements, stabilization or anti-jello work in post.

Shot in GPS and Course Lock Modes.

Hope you like it.
-Ben

http://youtu.be/nfO84cQh-_c
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfO84cQh-_c[/youtube]

Nice stuff, I'm going to keep working on my flight control before I strap another several hundred dollars to to my Phantom.

I have it attached in the GoPro Waterproof Case...that thing is near indestructible. I've had them run over by cars, dropped from the catwalk in an arena, and rolled across rocks at the beach. The Phantom is in more danger than the camera when using their polycarbonate case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers