1st Mile+ flight!

Don't feel bad, I'm no expert either. To change it: once you're connected with your mobile device go to MC settings and it should be the first option on top. Attached a picture.

1930f05f4def020ccc325ea4450f2444.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Don't feel bad, I'm no expert either. To change it: once you're connected with your mobile device go to MC settings and it should be the first option on top. Attached a picture.

1930f05f4def020ccc325ea4450f2444.jpg

Thanks so much. Will give it a try. I had read several articles about having to switch it from CE to FCC mode, but that got me nowhere.

I've got mid range results here in Australia. About 500m or 1600 feet before the video feed drops out (didn't auto return home). Are you guys using an antenna upgrade like the DBS?

I had read several articles about having to switch it from CE to FCC mode, but that got me nowhere.
It won't JD as you can't change that in a P3 . Only P2's and down .

Yesterday I had my brother take my P3P out as far as it will go for a comparison flight for when I get and install my ITE DBS02. There was no wind and the skies were clear with little obstruction at the 500+ft he was flying. Stock everything with Antennas straight up pointing directly towards the Craft. We made it past 17000 feet (Stock) I was extremely shocked since the farthest I have flown it was 6700 feet. I had 30% battery when it came back. I took pics of my Airpad 2 with my phone at 13000 feet but a small video at almost 17000 feet. How is this possible. I did not update to the current firmware yet either. I'll find a way to upload the short video of the Airpad 2 with distance and front of controller showing stock Antennas

Attachments

• 1451141255507.jpg
    1451141255507.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 399
I finally got her over 1 mile. 5585 feet to be exact. Unfortunately my flight logs stopped recording lol just wanted to celebrate and say.....1 mile out is scary.
zrherda, Between my sons and I we have 3 P3S and we fly in the Surprise area. All three won't go past 1600', is yours bone stock or have you modified it?

zrherda, Between my sons and I we have 3 P3S and we fly in the Surprise area. All three won't go past 1600', is yours bone stock or have you modified it?

I have the DBS mod antenna upgrade installed. Stock I was getting about 2200 feet. With the upgrade I can get about a mile average with great signal strength at closer distances.

Reactions: bbearit
Yesterday I had my brother take my P3P out as far as it will go for a comparison flight for when I get and install my ITE DBS02. There was no wind and the skies were clear with little obstruction at the 500+ft he was flying. Stock everything with Antennas straight up pointing directly towards the Craft. We made it past 17000 feet (Stock) I was extremely shocked since the farthest I have flown it was 6700 feet. I had 30% battery when it came back. I took pics of my Airpad 2 with my phone at 13000 feet but a small video at almost 17000 feet. How is this possible. I did not update to the current firmware yet either. I'll find a way to upload the short video of the Airpad 2 with distance and front of controller showing stock Antennas

I've done the same distance on a completely stock P3P.. Probably could have gone further than 17,100', but battery was running low.. I landed with 16% left..

I have the DBS mod antenna upgrade installed. Stock I was getting about 2200 feet. With the upgrade I can get about a mile average with great signal strength at closer distances.
Looks like I'm getting the DBS antenna.

IS this mod expensive ? and is it easy to install for a new person?

I finally got her over 1 mile. 5585 feet to be exact. Unfortunately my flight logs stopped recording lol just wanted to celebrate and say.....1 mile out is scary.

What mod are you using? Or it stock? I haven't tried to take mine that far yet!

Last edited:
I did my first 1+ Mile flight this weekend. Made it out to 6,382 FT. This is at my girlfriends parents airstrip and I was aware of who was flying that day before anyone comments about it.

Beware that it might not work for everybody. Obviously it does not increase the range for my P3S. I got 3500 feet with stock antenna; now I can get only 2500 feet with DBSmod antenna. You can see my posts in the thread below about it. Still trying to figure out why...
Phantom 3 STANDARD antenna upgrade | DJI Phantom Forum

I had DBS install mine. I am not criticizing you by any means, but if you installed it yourself, I am guessing something went wrong? You are the only person I've seen to have a reduction in range.

Reactions: bbearit
I had DBS install mine. I am not criticizing you by any means, but if you installed it yourself, I am guessing something went wrong? You are the only person I've seen to have a reduction in range.
What kind of tablet mount are you using with the dbs upgrade?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj